Sunday, July 22, 2012

Glasses & Golfing

I don't like dirt, but there's something about dirty kids.  A dirty kid represents fun, summer and exploring.  It's also satisfying to pull a sparkling kid out of dirty-gray bathwater. 

Baby girl played hard.

We missed Elle's 2nd Birthday Party, so we had a birthday play-date instead.

We went swimming...

...had snacks...

...played on Elle's new swing set...

...and ate cupcakes!

Finley went on a field trip with his daycare class!  They went to the movies and I was able to chaperone.  The best part was riding the yellow school bus!

Finley had t-ball, this is a highlight of his week!


Thanks Finley for choosing to wear a red t-shirt, it was easy to spot our favorite player amongst the blue.



I gave Hadley some crayons and paper...she preferred coloring on her highchair.


Do girls do stuff like shoot nerf balls into basketball hoops? Boys.

Picnic in the driveway.



1,054 pictures put into albums with comments and Hadley's baby book is updated.  Once she walks and gets a haircut her book will be complete!


On Saturday, we had "new friends" over - Myles & Smith.  Finley started off as himself - the 'awesome sharer' (not so much).  Eventually he stopped pouting and it was a fun afternoon.

Hadley did not starve for attention, Myles adored her. He asked many questions wondering what one-year olds can do. He's going to be an awesome big brother to their new baby this winter. My favorite? She's really smart if she can give-five, I couldn't give-five until I was three years old. She's as smart as a dog!

Humidity-induced curls are cute :)

We went shopping for Finley's new glasses. Finley was a trooper, we ran in/out of five stores and he willingly tried them on and smiled. We found a few pairs that were OK, but nothing jumped out as "the" pair. Some were too 'nerdy'...

....some were too big for his face....

...some were just not for him (although I do like the 2nd pair in a trendy-way)...

....and some we left as options. 

After our first shopping trip, this was my favorite pair, but I didn't love them.  I really liked the fit, but I hated how they dipped in the middle. 

So we went shopping again.  Our first stop was Mayo (where he'd had his eye exam) and we found the right pair!  They allowed us to borrow the sample to get a good try with them.  He wore them around Shopko and we headed back to Mayo to order them.  In 5-10 days, this will be our "new" Finley :)

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, hard to believe.  To celebrate we took the kids mini golfing! 

Finley LOVED it!


Celebrating his birdie!

It took us two dum-dum suckers to get around the 18-holes.

And yes, in between pushing Hadley around, handing out dum-dums and taking pictures - I golfed too.

After golfing we headed into a place I've been avoiding - Action City.  It screams 'germs'and 'tantrum' to me.  Actually, it went really well - yes, there were germs, but there was NO tantrum when it was time to go.


Happy Anniversary to us!


No comments: