Sunday, July 29, 2012

Swimming & (almost) Walking

Finley started swimming lessons!  It's a two-week session at our outdoor pool.  The best part?  I don't participate! 

Growing up, it seemed like my parent's friends were the parents of my friends - follow that?!  I first met Ethan's mom (Laura) when Ethan & Finley were in their very first parent-tot swimming class.  Ethan is two weeks younger than Finley and Laura teaches Kindergarten, it's perfect.  Since then, we've been in the same groups for music, gymnastics, t-ball and back to swimming again.  It's fun to see our friends!

Finley's in the "Otter" class, the very first pass/fail class for toddlers.  It sounds like many kids repeat Otter once, so my hopes aren't too high.  Parents are encouraged to leave, but class is only 30 minutes long, so we agree to stay under the awning - I understand the reasoning, but it makes for really bad pictures ;)

Corn on the cob - yum!

T-ball and swimming overlap this week and next.  All of the busy-ness is causing summer to pass quickly, I can't believe we're entering Finley's last week of t-ball already.


T-ball continues to mostly be instructional, but they did start a mini scrimmage this week.


Nolan spent the day with Grandma, so Hadley went to play.  These two could be boy-girl twins, especially in their orange outfits.


PB Cap'n Crunch - what's not to like?

Grandma must've found this on her iPad?  It's a collage of Spencer & Finley.

Finley & I went swimming at Stephanie's house!  Finley had fun playing with Mya, Riley & Duncan.


It was our annual Big Top weekend at Scotty's cabin.  While we were away, the kids were spoiled by Grandpa & Grandma!

Finley loves to help Grandma fill the bird feeders, it's his favorite job.

They had a special date at the root beer stand.

 

Thanks Mom & Dad for taking wonderful care of our kids.  I'm glad they behaved...until we walked in the door.


I've been waiting for Hadley to walk.  A few months ago she started taking 1-2 steps between two people, recently those 1-2 steps turned into 3-4 steps.  Yet, she continues to crawl.  So as she ruins her leggings and the tops of her shoes, I wait for her to be a walker.  On Thursday, I saw Hadley stand up and take 3-4 independent steps.  On Friday, my mom texted that Hadley had taken 10ish steps across the living room.  We were gone over the weekend and today, I'd say Hadley is thisclose to being a 'real' walker!  All day she's been standing up and taking 10+ steps on her own.  I'd say she's walking 1/3 of the time.  Here's a (super-short) video of her walking.  She starts strong the first few seconds, but the extension cord breaks her concentration.  Maybe next week she'll be a 'real' walker?!

No comments: