We kicked off our week with a playdate to the park! It was our first trip that Hadley was out of the stroller the entire time. She liked it.
And Finley liked the marshmallow fish in Elle's bag of goldfish. He was digging them out. I'm sure Elle was thrilled to come back to marshmallow-less goldfish.
It was Finley's second week of swimming lessons. On Tuesday, we stayed after for open swim. To keep Hadley entertained during lessons, each day she ate 1-2 dum dums - blue teeth!
Hadley loved the water!
All week Finley struggled getting his face wet during swimming lessons, I knew this could be the demise of his pass/fail class. He did great during open swim, I guess the goggles helped.
Picnic lunch at the pool!
It was Finley's last week of t-ball. Auntie, Spencer, Easton & Nolan came to watch, Finley was very proud to have them there.
At bat!
It's still HOT HOT HOT in WI.
Is it just me, or does Finley look old here? He's growing way too quickly!
When your brother sprays you...
...you crawl to safety by your mom.
Chalk is fun...
...and it tastes yucky!
Nice tail. Finley put his trunks on backwards and wouldn't take 15 seconds to fix them.
Finley passed swimming lessons!
While Ethan & Finley were in lessons, Hadley & Spencer ate snacks and dum-dums.
On the last day, we stayed for open swim again and met up with Rachel, Carter & Owen.
The brave water-baby wanted to crawl to the mushroom, over and over and over again.
On his last night of t-ball, Finley went out with a 'major hit' over the dirt and into the field! Even though they didn't play real games, this was a great introductory program and next year we know Finley will be ready for a team.
Aside from the must-have-entertainment phase, Hadley is fun in the I've-got-tricks phase. Where's Hadley's belly? There it is!
Hadley's biggest trick? In just a week, she's become a mostly-walker. She's choosing to walk over crawl. I wanted a small video of her walking and she decided to show off more than just that. Hadley starts off speaking a foreign language (complete with bowing her head), blows kisses, waves hi, shows us her belly, answers "yeah" (rather than pointing to her head) and ends with her two-handed campaign wave - tricky girl!
Finley's glasses came in. On our drive to the clinic I was nervous, I feared that one eye would look "A Christmas Story" and the other eye regular size. I was pleasantly surprised that while one lens is stronger, you hardly notice it! While he wore the glasses in the clinic, I had a new fear - he'll forever scrunch his nose to keep them on! Fortunately it only lasted about 30 minutes and of course the trooper got a treat from the pharmacy, I was feeling guilty about his new life with glasses. The nose scrunch:
There have been minimal complaints! Finley's anxious to put them on in the morning and doesn't ask to take them off. Over the first few days, he questioned when he needs to wear them - in the sandbox? Yes. Swimming? No. Going to the bathroom? Yes. Three times he mentioned seeing a "rainbow". I checked with the clinic and he's seeing a glare. Our hopes is that he'll get used to this, she said he sees them minimally and after awhile he won't notice this. They do offer glare-free lenses, but typically don't use them with children. They cost more, and kids are harder on glasses (needing them replaced more often). In these outdoor pictures, you can tell his glasses are not glare-free as you see a reflection.
Finley's favorite part is cleaning them. He loves, loves to clean them.
We went boating with Grandpa & Grandma, Spencer, Easton & Nolan...
...and there's another driver waiting in line for a turn.
We so need a new sandbox that fits two kids. Patrick swears he's going to build one, until then the kids squish into our teeny sandbox...
...but there has been progress on the playhouse.
The next time you see Finley, he'll probably ask, Do you notice anything different about me? He's eating up the attention that his glasses are bringing. My heart-strings still tug everytime I look at him, but he makes a pretty cute nerd. No offense to anyone that wears glasses, and NO I have not called him a nerd to his face ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment