Hadley is getting more independent. Hadley is showing more personality. Which is a nice way of saying, Hadley is developing a mind of her own! On Sunday, she started refusing the high chair. But dang, she's happy at the counter next to Finley.
Grandpa's girl...she eats ketchup off a fork!
Finley wanted a silly picture. All I notice is that we should've washed his hands before eating.
Along with this new sense of independency comes stubbornness and it goes both ways. Finley was intentionally putting his feet on her chair. She shrieked. He kept doing it. I see fighting in our future.
Knowing how I feel about character-clothes, you know I love him when I purchased Finley's new hat :)
Finley's reading! In a memorized-way, but that's a pre-reading skill!
Hadley & Finley met our newest friend, Elise!
Finley was SO anxious to visit and meet her...but I think he was more interested in an excuse to play with Elle's toys. We had to beg for a picture with Elise. And Hadley was worried about Elle's look-alike 'taggie' that she thought was hers.
A few weeks ago, Finley met one of my students at our Fall Festival. This little boy was very sweet to Finley, he took Finley to a few games and let him cut in line. Finley fell in love. He often talks about "that boy from your school, him nice to me". This little boy's mom happens to teach in my building, so I'd told her the impression that was left on Finley. This week my student made Finley a picture and taped a few Cars pencils to it. I brought it home and Finley was thrilled!
Finley wanted to make a project in return, we might have old-fashioned pen pals.
Time to carve a pumpkin! Or rather, time for the kids to watch Patrick carve a pumpkin?! I'm not sure why he had them watching, finally mom spoke up....
...and they started helping.
Gross.
Camera spotted.
A week before the marathon I signed up for the Carson 10. Little did I know, the marathon would cause a knee issue. I've literally ran thousands of miles, I've never had a problem with a knee, no aches during a single training run. So it's driving me insane that I've been limping for three weeks. I think it's my IT band, regardless, I didn't run the Carson 10 but have a cool t-shirt that makes it look like I did. (Thankfully it is finally getting a little better, after many mornings on the elliptical, I did run the Treadmill 10 this morning).
Along with the Carson 10, it's the Kid's Boogie Run! Finley was e.x.c.i.t.e.d!
Kids are allowed to wear costumes, but I was worried he'd eat dirt and tear his costume. Thankfully Finley was happy wearing his Super Finley cape.
But he was ALL smiles once they started!
I love this picture!
There goes Super Finley!
Grandma caught a picture of him crossing the finish line!
And there he is accepting his medal, a Boogie Run Finisher! That's my boy!










No comments:
Post a Comment