Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sick Kids

We've had a busy and sick week.  Last Saturday & Sunday, Finley had a temp and sore throat, strep test negative, stayed home from school on Monday.  Tuesday, Finley had pinkeye.  Wednesday, Hadley started running a temp, was picked up from daycare at 10:00, her fever continued through Thursday night.  Friday, Finley started running a temp again, thought he might throw up, he didn't.  Saturday, Hadley started running a temp again.  Today, nothing...yet.

I had evening parent-teacher conferences this week, so Grandma was in charge of bath time.  This was Hadley's second sink-bath.  When Finley was between 2-3 years old, 99.9% of his baths were in the sink - I liked getting things done in the kitchen and eventually he refused to go into the tub.  Now that there's two, they bathe in the big tub together.  I attempted a sink-bath with Hadley a few months ago and she would have nothing to do with it.  She still doesn't look sold.

Zoey-love. 

My conversation with Finley last night....F: Mom I know, let's get a puppy here.  In my mind: (Crap)  F: I'll tell Grandma.  Me: What would the puppy look like?  F: Black.  In my mind: (I see where this is going)  F: I know what her name would be. Foey! Her nice.  Me: That's original, we can visit Zoey anytime we want.

Finley continues to pull together great outfits.  "Colorful" was the word Grandpa used to describe one of his ensembles this week - red t-shirt, green shorts and crazy socks pulled up.  Thanks Spencer for these socks too, Finley loves them!

Baking cookies.  Wearing cookies.  Either way, it's delicious.

I told the kids I was going to the bathroom and I'd be right back.  They showed up with snacks and took a seat.  Never a moment alone.

I attended Finley's parent-teacher conference for Phonology (speech) Preschool.  Ms. Megan described a wonderful student, I questioned if we were conferring about the same kid.  We were and I'm SO proud of him.  He's a listener, a helper and participates in class discussions!  Finley is also making steady gains with his articulation, fingers-crossed he might need less speech instruction next year!

At daycare, Finley's classroom is part of the 4K program.  He's not enrolled in 4K (he will be next year), but he receives some of their instruction.  Between lessons at preschool and daycare, he's really into letters right now and he wants to write all of the time. 

I took a road-trip to UW-LaCrosse to visit Tab at college.  She took me on a campus tour and we enjoyed catching up over lunch.  I'm SO proud of her!

While I was away, Grandma took the kids to the mall.

Finley still loves puzzles.

Hadley still loves the camera...

...unless it's family picture day.  Ten of us were ready to go, who was throwing a stink?  Until we set her down, then she was all smiles...grrrrr.

Hadley's adorable sweater was made by a family friend.  Thanks Grandma Dyanne!

After pictures we had pizza at Grandma & Grandpa's.

Finley & Patrick went to a job-site.  He looks at home.

While the boys were away, Hadley & I played in the leaves.

We have a less busy week ahead and I'm hoping for a less sick week too.



No comments: