Sunday, November 18, 2012

Twins, right.

Grandma & Grandpa finished off their NYC trip with a stop at the Today Show.  Grandpa made it on the air in a window-peeking way.

Finley had Crazy Hair Day at school!  He went through a phase refusing to participate in 'silly' days (I know the feeling).  This time he was excited about his hair and had a crazy-face to go with it...this crazy-face pops up again (and again).

Of course Crazy-Hair Day fell onto Sport's Tykes day, so he got to sport his hair-do in public...I couldn't look at him without cringing/laughing.  But he loved it and requested crazy-hair again.  This week was basketball!

Swish!

Poor little sister.  I NEED to find a winter activity for Hadley.  By the time Finley was 17 months old, he'd been in swimming and two music classes.  Poor girl has only been a spectator, I feel guilty.

On Thursdays, once the kids wake, I toss them into the car for a quick coffee drive-thru.  (I seriously need to learn to make coffee, Faith tried teaching me once, but I'm not good).  Sometimes my coffee trips include an Egg McMuffin for the kids...I feel a twinge of guilt seeing them wearing jammies and bed-head sitting in the back, probably wondering where their breakfast is while their mom caffeniates...but it's probably their fault I need caffeine - wow, I just let that guilt go ;)

More inside-fun, plastic capsules that turn into sponges.  I like the Dollar Spot at Target.

Crazy-face...it's really not cute, but he continues to make it and then requests his picture be taken.

My favorite part of our home-days.

My least favorite part of our home-days.  OMG - I live with three tornadoes, two little and one big!  I'm constantly picking up (because I can't stand it).

Most homes have a junk-drawer, we do too.  But we also have a junk-cupboard.  All of the trinkets kids collect (happy meal toys, party gift bags, etc) get put into a container in our cupboard.  They LOVE digging through these containers and spend a lot of time sorting through their treasures.  But it's ugly.  Even Hadley now requests to stand on the counter and look for goodies.

The tornadoes are no different in the car.  We drove to breakfast with a clean front seat and on the ride home there were leftover containers, sippy cups, a diaper bag, a restaurant-entertainment back-pack, flowers from Avalon and other garbage.

Despite the messes and the occasional fights, these two really do play well together.

And whatever he does (crazy-face)...

...she does too.

Grandma, Grandpa & I took the Five Littles to a Blugold Basketball Game.  It seemed like a good idea - 5:00 game, entertainment for the kids and snacks.  I think I saw .02 seconds of the game.  The only group shot I got, Nolan is there, he's wearing a yellow t-shirt behind Spencer, but we can't see his face. 

Hadley is SO in love with Grandpa.  She likes Grandma, Patrick & I too, but Grandpa gets an immediate run and hug whenever he comes around. 

Things started off pretty calm.

Nolan was very interested in the college girls sitting near us, he walked over there many times.  He was either flirting or trying to escape our circus.  They happily accepted his gifts of wet teddy grahams.

Before too long, everyone got restless and five crazy-faces showed up.

 And suddenly our little group required a full section of bleachers.

I swear this kid will eat ANYTHING. I'm guessing he out-eats my two children combined on a daily basis. I'm jealous.

Three people asked if all five were mine.  This would require two sets of twins and a bonus-baby in the middle, all within four years (can you imagine?!).  When I replied 'only two', it was assumed 'oh just the twins' were mine.  Right.  The kids had a blast running the court after the game, no pictures because I was too-busy playing zone defense trying to keep Nolan & Easton in the gymnasium.  Grandma, Grandpa & I were sweating when we left.
 
The twins.  Grandma traded Finley for Nolan for a little bit today.  While I was at school, they ran errands with Patrick (would've like to watched that).  And when I got home, they did what twins probably do.  Fight over toys.

Little Mom did not want Little Dad to push the baby.

Which made Little Dad feel bad.

So Auntie gave him a treat and everyone was happy again.


Speaking of my twins, here's my first set...now where the hell did my bonus-child run off to?

No comments: