We had a two-part Thanksgiving this year, a celebration with Patrick's side and mine. While I was at work on Tuesday, the celebration and cooking began! The cousins had a BLAST spending the day together.
Grandma Kathleen and her five grandchildren in one house...Mayah, Finley, Owen, Leah & Hadley.
Hadley fell in love with Uncle Jeremy. She was either in his arms or walking behind him with her arms up. When I got home from work, she wouldn't even come to me, she was all about Uncle Jeremy.
He pushes the best too!
More Uncle Jeremy snuggles...with Aunt Jenna & Leah too.
Auntie Shawna stole some baby-girl snuggles too.
My kitchen didn't know what hit it - it easily got used more on Tuesday than the whole year combined.
I never knew stuffing and green bean casserole could be grilled.
It's easy to host with a mother-daughter cooking team like these two!
If they'd only known it was this easy. Finley's preschool class described "How to Cook a Turkey", Finley knows the secret ingredient...lotion.
Shawna & Kathleen prepared a wonderful feast that was enjoyed by all!
Grandpa Pat got love...
...for the most part ;)
After the Thanksgiving Feast was cleaned up, we snuck in some Christmas. Hadley was happy to see a present for her. She's going to be way fun this holiday season!
The kids were spoiled by family that we won't see over the Christmas holidays. They HAPPILY accepted early gifts.
Finley & Uncle Michael built a cabin with his new Lincoln Logs!
Hadley showed Leah how to use the excersaucer...
...maybe she showed her the "I love you" sign too?!
Hadley received her own laptop...
...she's been carrying it around for days!
Thanksgiving morning, I participated in my first Turkey Trot with Kristi. It was the perfect morning for a run, weather in the 50's and good company.
It was Kristi's first 5-miler, she did awesome and beat her goal time!
We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house with a hodge-podge of family and friends. In hopes she'd nap during our meal, Hadley feasted alone.
Peter moved up a table...
...and I moved down. That's my spot next to Finley at the kid's table. Since kids eat notoriously quick, after three minutes I was feasting alone (karma for making Hadley feast alone?). This was not as bad as it sounds - I may have looked silly, but I ate hot food in peace.
Grandma helped the Five Littles make hand-print turkey shirts. I was determined to get a picture of Finley & Hadley, but Zoey was stealing the show.
Even when she walked into the yard, Hadley pointed out Zo-zo's every move.
But not this kid, he knew what to do.
Finally - my two turkeys.
Patrick hunted for three days in northern WI, so the kids and I moved onto the next holiday. We decorated their bedrooms for Christmas.
Trying to get a picture of Finley next to his tree (he was very proud) and someone else wanted in too.
Then he got a little close.
We quickly re-decorated his tree and all was well again.
Onto Hadley's tree, we'll see how long it lasts. It's really hard to be 17-months old and told to NOT touch the pretty tree.
But for now it stands and she loves it.




No comments:
Post a Comment