Sunday, December 2, 2012

Need Help With Your Tree?

Last Sunday, Finley helped Jake celebrate his 5th birthday!

It was a bowling party, which of course, Finley was excited for!

Finley's had to wear his bowling-birthday shirt too.

There were gifts...

....pizza and cake!

The kids came to school, I worked, they played.  It's like taking one step forward, two steps back.

Grandma gave Hadley pig-tails!  She's so cute.

He cooks, she eats.

Painting!

Oops!

My left knee has bugged me since October 7th, yes, the marathon.  Frustrating because I've never had a knee issue.  A few people have recommended a foam roller, finally I bought one.  Hadley has used it daily, I'm still working up the courage (I know it's going to really hurt).

Finley played volleyball at Sports Tykes this week.  They learned to bump, set and spike with a balloon.

At the end, they played a game with a jump-rope net.

The girl in purple cracks me up - nice pout.

The kids spent a morning with Grandpa Dutch & Grandma Dyanne.  Finley was excited to go, but worried they wouldn't have toys, so he packed a backpack.  No need, they have TONS of toys!

Finley & Hadley helped decorate their Christmas tree.  For two days after we left, Finley asked to go back, I need to help finish putting decorations on!

How can you not love someone that will be a fool your kids?

Grandma Dyanne (hiding behind Finley) gave piano lessons on their grand piano.

When I arrived to pick them up, there were toys scattered from one end of the house to the other.  The kids had so much fun, Finley cried when it was time to go.  Grandma Dyanne & Grandpa Dutch probably took a nap after we left :)  Thank you for taking care of my kids!

Nice socks kid.

Yes, we see you too.

Each morning is filled with excitement - where will Chippy be?  Sometimes Chippy is very original and shows up on a shelf, sometimes he's caught having fun!  I love Finley's pure amazement at 'catching' Chippy.

Forever ago, Auntie gave us a popcorn machine.  It's always looked cute sitting on our downstairs bar, but I decided it was time to dust if off (literally).  Popcorn and the Polar Express = great Saturday night!

Sister can put down popcorn, she nearly finished her entire container!

Patrick, Grandma, & Uncle Ryan headed to Lambeau this morning, we headed to Mega Foods.  Finley spotted this hand and insisted he have his picture taken...

...and I couldn't ignore the "cheeeese" coming from behind me.


By noon, there were messes everywhere.  Puzzle-time, such concentration.

I sat down to address Christmas cards and there was laughter coming from the office.  Seriously. 

Need help with your tree?  We did.  The lights were slowly burning out (I don't take the lights off each year, so they've been on for years).  Patrick was thrilled to undecorate it, replace the lights and put everything back on. 

Thankfully Finley LOVES to decorate trees.  He's willing to help anyone that still needs to decorate...by 8 a.m. this morning, he'd already asked to go help Grandma with her basement tree (she mentioned needing his help yesterday).  She obliged and Finley is helping Grandma right now.  Let us know if you're looking for an expert tree-decorator!


No comments: