Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pre-Christmas

It was the final week of Sports Tykes - Patrick took the kids (I stayed home to wrap presents without peeking eyes) and I think they did Track & Field...no one told me anything, but I found a few pictures on my camera. 

Cute cheese-face...

...scary cheese-face.

Finley had a Christmas celebration at daycare.  It fell on my home-day, but he really wanted to attend, so I signed him up for the day.  He was VERY excited to have Hadley & I visit, he showed us all over the classroom.

I enjoyed seeing where Finley spends his days and watching his interactions with peers and staff.  As I observed, it was crazy to think Finley's class (with the exception of Finley) will be kindergartners next fall.  And due to the daycare's location, quite a few will attend my school - so I might've asked the naughty girl her name, kidding (or not).

Everyday Hadley wants to stay at Finley's school, and everyday she cries when I pull her back out.  Today we stayed and she was happy.

Finley very proudly showed her how everything works.

Smart girl - she pulled the chair up on her own.

Finley wasn't the only child that wanted to help Hadley.  She got mobbed by the "mothers" of the class.  Even I had my hair combed and braided into a twist by a little girl.

Mom - help?  Not surprisingly, the playground-boss held her own.

An almost-cute picture.

Finley's job was the "passer-outter" or something like that.  He took his job seriously and handed out the plates and cups.

It was snack time, families volunteered to bring treats in.  It is incredibly NOT fun to bring a holiday treat that is store-bought, in the package, completely nut-free and somewhat cute.  So we brought yogurt.

After snack it was time to brush their teeth, another routine that I enjoyed watching.  The teacher put 18 dabs of toothpaste around the edge of a plate, everyone retrieved his/her toothbrush, swiped a dab and brushed away. 

There was circle time and a gift exchange. 

Sister walked right over and found a spot.  She was happy.

The mother-hens were right behind to offer assistance.

Finley made a gift - a homemade Christmas tree ornament.

It was time for us to leave and Finley struggled.  I anticipated this.  He never cries when I leave, but I never come back mid-day, only to leave again.  Both kids cried, she wanted to stay, he wanted to leave.  I'm sure it was short-lived, and when we returned there was an exhausted little boy.  Thank you Finley for sharing your morning with us.  I'm proud of my big boy!


On Friday, Santa visited M&J.  Spencer & Finley were the most excited to see him!

They did what they could to encourage others.

Eventually, Hadley warmed up enough to give Santa a "high five".

Our 'twins'.

We bumped into Jake & Gracie too.

Before Santa left, we forced one picture.  Hadley liked the M&J Santa as much as the mall Santa - not much.

Friday night we enjoyed our annual gathering at Mike & Suzie's house.  Hadley was a true-girl and hung in the kitchen with the ladies.

Auntie's girl.

My parents received the Honorary Alumnus Award given by UWEC's Alumni Association.  This award is given to non-alumni who have demonstrated great love of and service to UW-Eau Claire.  They had prime seats at the commencement ceremony - on stage!

It was fun to see them introduced during the graduation ceremony, but the other 2 hours and 29 minutes were horribly boring.

Ryan busted us.

The post-ceremony luncheon was more entertaining.  Each honoree was presented his/her award and shared the impact UWEC has had on his/her life.  Dad gave a good speech.  And if you took out the flub where he might have implied that I didn't graduate from college by saying, "my daughter went to UWEC, but didn't graduate and is doing alright for herself" , it'd have been perfect speech ;)

Congratulations - my parents deserve the honor.  By giving their time and support, they make our community a better place.

Chippy has been busy...I'm a little thankful Chippy will soon return to the North Pole for the year.  Twice this week he was moved at 4:15 a.m. before I headed to the gym.  I almost think Finley is getting over it.  A few mornings he was bummed that Chippy was touching his whiteboard/bobble head/soccer net because then Finley couldn't (as if he plays with things regularly, but when the option was gone, of course it's what he wanted).

Chippy made a Christmas Countdown just like Finley's...

...he hung out with Jermichael Finley...

...played soccer...

...and when Mother Nature brought snow, Chippy brought snow saucers (he's peeking over the blue one).

The highlight of our week - Auntie Shawna & Auntie Aryn came to visit! 

There were early Christmas gifts and Finley couldn't wait...but before we said "go" he had to pose for pictures.

Finally...

...and his look was worth the wait!  Auntie Shawna gave him "talkie-talkies" and Auntie Aryn picked out a Transformer!

The rest of our visit was filled with hanging around home - perfect!  We love when Auntie Shawna & Auntie Aryn come to visit.

That's my girl!

Our presents have been nicely wrapped for 2-3 weeks and truly the kids have left them alone.  Today, they were given permission to rearrange and have enjoyed every second.  Tomorrow the celebrations continue with my family - I have two excited kids!


Merry Christmas!

No comments: