Recently, it's been a Sunday tradition to play at mom's school. I can't seem to keep up there, so I drag the kids along to prepare for Monday. This week was no different. The kids LOVED Leslie's latest sensory activity.
Before we leave, we check-out the leftover snacks for a treat on the ride home.
Little did I know, this was going to happen...
But the kids enjoyed some snowy play that evening in 14+ inches!
It was Hadley's first adventure in snow boots, which meant more standing than playing.
Finley LOVED it!
Sports Tykes focused on kickball this week! Lucky for everyone, there were two batkids!
They warmed up with exercises.
And then the kicking began - nice form!
Notice his ball? Finley found the beloved Dora ball from our Family Fun Zone mornings.
After some practice, they began a scrimmage, Finley had fun kicking and running the bases. It's his two favorite sports - soccer and t-ball - combined!
My home-days provided warmer winter weather, perfect for getting outside again.
And Hadley mastered walking in boots.
Earning her keep.
On Thursday, I attended Finley's IEP meeting for Speech & Language. In January, it'll be one year that Finley has attended 'phonology preschool' to work on articulation. Prior to our meeting, his teacher re-evaluated Finley using the same assessment tool from a year ago. His results were impressive - HUGE growth! If Finley would've had his current score a year ago, he would not have qualified! He certainly doesn't have perfect articulation (yet), but his errors are now mostly age-appropriate. What does this mean? He's going to finish out the year in phonology preschool, if he shows continued growth at his current pace two things could happen - he'll be down to 30 minutes/week of speech therapy next fall, OR, he'll graduate completely! His teacher is so sweet, and she's done wonderful things with Finley - not only through speech, but she's also inspired a love for school. She describes Finley as a wonderful student, he's always willing to try, he makes connections from personal experiences, he's a good listener and helps around the classroom. I'm so proud of him!
Now if he'd only dress as well as speaks.
A fun project? Tricking the kids into taking a bath? Yes and yes.
Finley made a Christmas Countdown Chain at preschool - each morning, he tears off a link.
I stole this idea from a colleague.
Finley was happy, Hadley wasn't.
I received an early Christmas present from my parents - an iPad. I'd like to say it's super-fun and a useful tool I can't live without. But, I haven't actually used it much. If I walk near it, someone else 'needs' it too.













No comments:
Post a Comment