I'm trying to crawl up Mountain Vacay-Recovery - the kids are crabby, the house is a disaster, reality returns tomorrow, so today's Easter celebrations are anything but celebratory. Our extended family is taking a rain-check for another weekend.
Before our trip, we decorated Easter eggs. I had no plans for us to eat them, but dyeing eggs is fun and I knew we wouldn't do it the night we returned.
I was hugely disappointed in the kit I bought, the Angry Bird stickers were so rigid, they wouldn't mold around the eggs - so, we went old-school using crayons and dye.
Last night we set out carrots for the Easter Bunny and two little beach bums passed out. This morning, the hunt was on - complete with major bedhead on each child!
Luckily for the competitive-egg-hunter, Hadley didn't get it...
...but he helped her find one egg.
After every egg, Finley counted to see how many were still hiding.
Hadley was excited when a plastic egg full of PB M&M's cracked open...
...she couldn't shovel them in fast enough.
Finley found his basket under our kitchen table. He sat right there and dug through his goodies.
Finley found Hadley's Easter basket in the dining room. She didn't care about anything, except the baby carrier. The Little Mommy knew exactly what it was and ran to get her baby.
There might've been tears when Hadley discovered she doesn't fit in the carrier.
...followed by ham and cheese sliders for lunch. We pretended it was 'Easter ham'.
We had a great trip and I can't wait to share our Cancun pictures and stories. I have 450-500 pictures to sort though, so give me a week (or two), because my Sad Little Easter Celebration looks like this:

No comments:
Post a Comment