It was our last week of gymnastics, bittersweet, the kids had fun, but I was sort of over participating. The last week is less structured, more fun and closes with an awards ceremony. Imagine my panic when I turned on the camera. Actually the panic came when my camera WOULDN'T turn on...dead battery. Batgirl & Batman warmed up.
At the awards ceremony, the kids were called up to show off his/her favorite gymnastic move, then given a certificate. Hadley sort of did the 'ta-da' pose, but sort of just stood and smiled.
Finley did a push-up. Maybe not a gymnastics move, but it's what Patrick told him to do as he was walking up.
We celebrated gymnastics with ice cream at home.
My home-days were kind of a blur...well not really, but these pictures are blurry. For 48 hours we mostly stayed inside our house. Which means things got a little wild - jumping off the furniture seemed fun and was allowed.
I cringed watching Hadley take a leap, it ended fine.
We had spaghetti-o's for lunch.
Was Finley surprised by such a nutritious choice? No. He's making his 'silly-face'. Actually, it's not HIS silly-face, it's Spencer's. Let me explain. Once upon a time, we brought Spencer, Finley & Easton to Sharp for pictures with the Easter Bunny. Spencer was being silly and posed with his mouth-open and big-wide-eyes. It was cute. Or not. And we told him to stop. Recently Grandma & I took Finley & Hadley to Sharp for their annual St. Patrick's Day picture (at the end of this post). When we got started, Finley made this mouth-open and big-wide-eyes pose, you know, "like Spencer did". Say what - that was two YEARS ago (this kid forgets nothing). Now I can't get him to stop...
....and if he's making a silly-face, copycat is too. These silly-faces will continue to appear.
We played games...
...her too.
Grandma watched the kids while I enjoyed a kid-free trip to Target. Finley wasn't excited to take a bath.
My mini-me.
...are reason enough for silly-faces...
...and they just kept coming.
...silly-face.
Finley found a blueprint of our basement and was able to identify some things - the stairs, the bathroom, etc. I asked Finley what he wants to be when he grows up - a construction worker at M&J? Nope, he wants to be a super-hero. I'm sure he'll build a kick-ass batcave.
Clay-pottery!
Finley built a 'transformer house'.
Silly-face.
I think we have a bazillion inches of snow, yum.
Two photo attempts...Grandpa looks great in both, the kids not so much.
And of course, a silly-face.
We celebrated Spencer's FIFTH birthday - seriously 5?! That means two things... 3.5 months until I'm a mom of a 5-year old and Spencer will be a kindergartner in the fall! We celebrated with Spencer at the gymnastics center! What a perfect place to allow busy kids to run, crawl and jump around!
It was well-run with many fun things for the kids to try.
I'm not sure what was going on - but the looks on everyone's face made me laugh.
...and snuck in with the big kids a few times!
Finley has the dying-to-help-blow look, Easton too.
And presents!
Happy Birthday Spencer Ryan!
Our annual St. Patrick's Day pictures. I always wait too long and then we quick cram it in, allowing no time for re-takes if needed. Hadley was not into it.at.all. She didn't like the tu-tu, she didn't want to smile, she cried, she kept standing and putting her arms up to be rescued, it was fun. We got a few non-crying pictures that counted as a 'win' on this day. In hindsight, I'm not crazy about the green background either - it's uneven and I think it makes the picture weirdly faded. Oh well, maybe next year I'll try earlier, but probably not.
The winning pictures!
Now we move onto warmer thoughts...we're looking forward to a fun get-away with family and friends. Nothing this week looks to be blog-worthy, so I'm going to take a break until we return and I have a zillion pictures to sort through. Spring break - I might even make a silly-face!
The happy slide-cleaner-offer.
Finley says he's smiling, but we can't tell behind his "ninja" hat. This isn't a ninja hat, but someone at school must've told him it looks like one. I asked him what a ninja is, he has no idea, but he thinks it's cool anyway. Spring can't seem to find us, so we swing in the snow.
A teeny-tiny glimpse of spring - a slushy driveway! There's going to be SO much mud when the snow melts.
Slightly warmer temps makes packable-snow, we attempted a (sad) snowman...
...and Finley attempted a (sad) snow angel.
The snow is deep in our yard, Hadley either sinks or wipes out. Either way she's stuck and not happy about it.
She didn't like being stuck in the playhouse either.
Pancakes for Bob's House!
Two photo attempts...Grandpa looks great in both, the kids not so much.
We celebrated Spencer's FIFTH birthday - seriously 5?! That means two things... 3.5 months until I'm a mom of a 5-year old and Spencer will be a kindergartner in the fall! We celebrated with Spencer at the gymnastics center! What a perfect place to allow busy kids to run, crawl and jump around!
It was well-run with many fun things for the kids to try.
The two littlest had a party of their own...
...and snuck in with the big kids a few times!
The highlight was definitely the l-o-n-g trampoline that ended by jumping into a huge foam pool. I have to admit, I was tempted to take a running leap myself.
Of course there was a cake - it was an impressive treasure chest cake!
Happy Birthday Spencer Ryan!
Our annual St. Patrick's Day pictures. I always wait too long and then we quick cram it in, allowing no time for re-takes if needed. Hadley was not into it.at.all. She didn't like the tu-tu, she didn't want to smile, she cried, she kept standing and putting her arms up to be rescued, it was fun. We got a few non-crying pictures that counted as a 'win' on this day. In hindsight, I'm not crazy about the green background either - it's uneven and I think it makes the picture weirdly faded. Oh well, maybe next year I'll try earlier, but probably not.
Finley brought his 'A-game', he sat and smiled and smiled and smiled...
...at one point, he even got a frozen smile.
The winning pictures!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Now we move onto warmer thoughts...we're looking forward to a fun get-away with family and friends. Nothing this week looks to be blog-worthy, so I'm going to take a break until we return and I have a zillion pictures to sort through. Spring break - I might even make a silly-face!

























No comments:
Post a Comment