Finley had his 6-months-with-glasses eye appointment, no pictures, but a quick update. His 'blurry eye' is doing alright. Dr. Jackie showed me what his right-eye could see at his initial appointment - a VERY LARGE e. Then she showed me what his right-eye can see with glasses - a small line of pictures, woo hoo! With glasses, Finley's right-eye sees at 20/25. Dr. Jackie is still hoping to get it to 20/20, so we'll wait another 6 months for a full eye exam and see where it's at. If it hasn't improved that teeny-bit, she might recommend patch therapy - ugh, kid can't catch a break. I really hope it doesn't come to that, if it does, he'd wear a patch on his strong eye for 1-2 hours a day at home. The patch would 'force' his brain to use the blurry eye and hopefully make it stronger. Since it's still not a lazy eye (which she can't believe given the difference in vision between his two eyes), she's hopeful that glasses alone will strengthen it. We've never had a fight over wearing his glasses, so I would hate for a damn patch to ruin it.
While Finley& I were at the clinic, Hadley & Grandma visited Great Aunt Ione...
...and had fun at Shopko.
Gymnastics! Patrick failed at taking pictures, there's only four and the one of Finley sucks. Patrick questioned, We have pictures from other weeks, do we really need more? He doesn't have the same blog-writing mind I do.
We made silly putty! One kid liked it....
...one kid didn't.
Every night after bath, my kids dance naked. It's a bit of a gamble, and this night I lost. Finley reported that Hadley had peed behind her chair. Nice. They supervised as I scrubbed the carpet.
With Hex Bugs as the toy, I treated the kids to Happy Meals. Which turned into a picnic...
...which resulted in a new hat.
And if she was posing for a picture, he wanted his taken too.
I decided to take a walk while the kids played...Hadley was not a fan of the treadmill.
I think Grandma is trying to push me over the edge. Finley convinced Grandma to buy him an "intermediate" Transformer for ages 5+. He asked me for help. 75 minutes later, Optimus Prime was hardly a semi. And now he'll never be a robot (or whatever) again. Why not? Because I snapped his frickin' head off trying to 'transform' it a way it wasn't supposed to transform. Ugh. Here's what we have now, no one has touched it for two days. I kinda hope it'll just go away.
On the same day, Grandma sent my puzzle-loving kid home with a 300 piece dinosaur puzzle (thanks Suzie!). Finley dumped it onto the floor to put together. Upon my urging, we quickly moved it to the dining room table and decided this big puzzle with small pieces is one we'd leave out and pick at.
This reminded me of my Grandma, she always had a half-together puzzle setting out on a table. And very fittingly, my dining room centerpiece is a collection of items from my Grandma. Notice Hadley sitting at the table, her presence w/ the puzzle will come back to haunt me.
So the puzzle stayed out. Who kept working on it? Me. I was drawn to it, like addictedly-drawn to it. I don't even like dinosaurs, but there I'd be, picking away.
Finally I was done...or was I?
Damn it - where's the 300th piece?!?! No clue. Remember Hadley sitting with the puzzle? At one point she was 'funny' and scattered her arms around - I blame her. Grrrr...so 299 pieces went back into the box. I'm convinced it'll show up.
Grandma & I took the kids for St. Patrick's Day pictures - we're running out of time for our annual pictures. Finley did not want his picture taken. Yet, he did awesome. Smiled upon demand, put his arm around his sister, etc. The happy baby? Not so easy, no smiles, some tears. Until we got home, then she walked around saying, Cheeeeseee. Too little too late.
Finley was invited over to a daycare-friend's house. It was a last-minute birthday party for his friend Lucas. Lucas' family is in the process of moving, so his mom decided to skip a large party and had him choose two school friends to come over for playing. How cool that Finley got chosen! I was nervous. Unless you count Heidi & Melissa, I'd only dropped him off to play/attend a birthday party at one other place (and that was at Kristi's house, she's not a stranger). So, I took down the address and off we went...to the house of a little boy/mom/family that I'd only briefly met at McDonald's a few weeks ago. Finley was excited, so I hoped for the best. When I returned, Finley was in a full Spiderman costume - he obviously has made a friend with similar interests. Evidently the evening went well, Finley was a good boy, the kids had fun...and we'll definitely do this again :)
While Finley was playing, Hadley went to school with mom.
The kids finished off the weekend sledding - Patrick took them to a small hill in our neighborhood. Finley loved it...
She did enjoy being pulled back to the car...and of course Finley pouted because she was sitting on his legs.












No comments:
Post a Comment