Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy 40th!

The kids love a bubble bath with really tall bubbles.

Patrick traveled to the east coast for work. When Patrick leaves, Finley moves in for sleepovers.

When we go to bed, I remind Finley that if he wakes up and I'm not there to come find me downstairs running.  Which he always does, and he'll turn on the Wii or a cartoon as I finish up. Perfect.  Except on our second morning of this trip, I suddenly heard Hadley yelling MOM! over the monitor.  I jump off and discover Finley on the stairs yelling MOM!  Dummy! You woke up your sister!! (I didn't say that, but definitely thought it).  So, at 5:45 a.m. with another 5.5 miles to go, we're all in the workout room.  It was a l-o-n-g run.

She joined me early the next day too, but she didn't keep up.

Someone stole my phone and I think I know who.

Bike Day at the Sports Center!

FaceTime with Nolan.

Nearly one-week to the day from Finley's bout of stomach flu - Hadley got hit.  Patrick got home around 11 p.m. and when he walked in she started crying.  He went to her and discovered a pukey-mess.  Poor thing must've thrown up earlier when her mom was letting her cry-it-out...and she was laying in it.  I felt horrible. Obviously she did too, every 45 minutes she puked.

Due to a family emergency, Patrick turned around Friday morning and flew to Chicago.  I had plans to chaperone Finley's field trip and knew he'd be totally bummed if we missed it - me too. My family pitched in and we got Nolan out of EC early in the morning so Grandma could watch sickie.  Finley & I snuggled on the bus.

We went to see a Blues Clues play.

Each kid received their own Handy Dandy Notebook to write clues in during the play.

I enjoyed our morning together and watching Finley interact with his classmates and teachers. 

While we were gone, Grandma washed up the pukey-kid and made her cute again.  I wish I could do braids, she's so adorable!

It's like deja-vu, Friday night and we were off to mom's school.  Finley wants a marble track for Christmas, so he brought home our classroom track for the weekend.

My parents have been married 40 years! 

We planned a party for family and friends to help celebrate - the wedding gown and a bridesmaid dress.

The original wedding cake topper, evidently my Grandma didn't think it was funny (the bride is pulling the groom's coattails back as he runs away).

My mom brought wedding memorabilia and put together picture slideshows.  It was hilarious to watch the hairstyles and clothing choices over the years. 

Our family of four.

Family & friends.

Grandpa's favorite Stella :)

The Littles came for awhile, but eventually were picked up by sitters for everyone to enjoy kid-free time. They were a teeny wild.

My parents were 19 and 21 when they were married, ages I consider too young for such an important decision.  But obviously it was the right one.  40 years. Totally brag-worthy.  Happy Anniversary! We love you!

I figured it was inevitable, I couldn't escape it.  After one week of sleeping next to flu-filled kids, holding buckets and sharing kisses, eventually I'd get the flu.  What I didn't anticipate was it striking during the anniversary party.  After (unknowingly) exposing everyone, I puked and had to go home. Where I was incredibly sick for the next six hours.  Incredibly sick.  Thanks to Cailou, Finley had an idea to make me a card.  He wrote MOM, DAD, LOVE, BALLOONS, CAKE, GET BETTER, SULLIVAN, BED, POPPING (balloons), our ages, the alphabet and a family of spiders (one for each of us).

The mohawk is back, I really hope it's for today only.


Losing a child, every mom's worst nightmare.  This week that nightmare became a reality for my brother-in-law and his wife.  Sweet Peyton was taken from her family on the day she was to meet them. I can't imagine the pain.  My heart has been with Jenna & Jeremy all week.



No comments: