Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Computer-Eaglet?

Usually Finley & I pick his school clothes out the night before, but for some reason this week he wanted to wait until morning. It didn't work. He stood in front of his closet crying, I have nothing to wear. Oh right. Rather than strangle him (we don't have time for this before school), I chose to take a picture of his ridiculousness (he's sobbing in this picture).

Finally a cleared off driveway for bikes!

Finley received a Razor Flash trick bike-thing from Santa, he was excited to try it out. I'm not sure what kind of tricks it's capable of, but Finley figured out how to spin out circles.

This is the kid that was worried about having nothing to wear?!  We were post-bath, so jammies. He jumped into a puddle and got his pants wet, so mismatched jammie pants. It (was) still cold out, so fleece jacket. He lost a mitten, so he's wearing one of Hadley's. 

Hadley loves, loves to ride.

The goodie bag from Spencer's birthday party provided a week's worth of entertainment.

On April Fool's Day, I posted the top picture with the caption, This is not Hadley and me...it's me, but not Hadley. I tagged my cousin Jewel, assuming people would know it was Frannie. Yet, I still managed to confuse some - I'm looking at you Mary M ;) Even my kids thought it was Hadley! It really isn't, but it sure looks like her! It's my young cousin Fran - same blond hair, same big sunglasses. Note to self: Throwback Thursday would've been a better day to post it. (The bottom picture is Hadley last summer).

Karate.  Finley only has a few weeks left of his free membership.  I think we'll take a break until school lets out (t-ball and soccer will be in full swing within the next twoish weeks), and if he's interested in fall, we'll try it again.


Finley had a perfect check-up at the dentist's office!

I must've snapped too many pictures during the exam, Dr. Miskulin asked if I wanted a group shot. Of course I did!

Finley wants a loose tooth.  I mentioned it to Kim (hygienist), who gave them a test. She (made the mistake) of telling us she could feel a little give on the bottom two. What I heard? They aren't loose-loose, but the gum is starting to prepare/soften for a loose tooth. What did Finley hear?  He has a loose tooth! My eyes roll every time he tells someone he has a loose tooth (two actually). My eyes roll every time he studies his teeth in the mirror. My eyes roll because I'm now carrying a tooth-box in my pocket for when it falls out.  It could be a year.

That sloppy, loose braid took three tries and 15 minutes. I suck at little-girl hair.

Finley drew a picture of himself.  I love his glasses.

Morning snuggles. 

Mike, Suzie, Peter & Simon had us over for a Cancun reunion, to watch the Badger game, and to celebrate Heidi's birthday.

Chocolate teeth.

Gymnastics! This week Hadley was ready with her leotard and bun...but posing for a picture was asking too much, she wouldn't.

Today we split (I participate with Hadley), so I didn't see much of what Finley was up to.

The long trampoline is everyone's favorite.


And a stamp to end the class.

There's nothing 'farm' about me. It's stinky, there are animals, it's dirty, ick. But I want my kids to have the experience, so we visited a lambing barn.  

My kids are almost as 'animalish' as me. In most pictures their hands are safely curled up to their bodies.

Easton & Spencer were brave.

All five started on the bench....

....until she bolted when a lamb started to cry. I totally get it.

She came back, but wouldn't sit. When you're standing you can make a faster escape. 

Finley was uncomfortable, but stayed put.


Checking out the baby lamb (or maybe it's a goat) hiding under the mom.

Feeding the goats.  The animals probably go on a diet after lambing season and all of the tourists are gone.


We finished with a pony ride.  Finley rode "Lightning" and Hadley rode "Beauty", both kids did very well.

I knew the following question would come, but I wasn't really prepared for it. My kids asked for a pet this weekend - crap! Evidently there was a conversation between Spencer & Finley about Spencer getting a dog (he isn't), but if he does, Finley wants to share the dog. Hmmm...maybe a fish? A small fishbowl would be perfect and cute, but I've heard they need to be cleaned often - no thanks. So....an eaglet? My kindergartners and my real kids check-in on the Decorah Eagle's nest daily. Two have hatched! They are so cute! An eaglet on the computer...I can totally handle that.

And when our eaglet leaves the nest, we'll have our new shell-dogs.  (Two dogs made completely out of seashells, given to the kids by our neighbors that returned from FL this weekend)

No comments: