Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hadley Mixed Play-Doh

Some weeks I make up stories to post (I don't) and other weeks are so jam-packed. This was a marathon week. Actually it was a karate, soccer practice, bike-riding, store-opening, two 5K's, t-ball practice, soccer game, and gymnastics week, including a surprise visit from Auntie Shawna. And Hadley mixed play-doh.

I would never think about mixing play-doh. Finley looked at me in disbelief, I'm positive he's never opened more than one color at a time. #2's are different.

Stinker has perfected the smirk too.

Hadley now has four containers of red/white/tan/brown swirled play-doh. I guarantee the next time she'll ask me to separate the colors.

As one kid completely ruined made her own play-doh, the other was putting his new Rainbow Loom organizational box together - that's my boy!

Finley earned his first marker stripe, of course my camera was at home, so I have one picture.

On nice evenings we sneak back outside after bath.

Surprisingly, this ended well.

We had two rainy days stuck inside.

Planting grass.

The seeds were buried and every three minutes Finley checks for growth.

A giant pile of pillows and blankets.

Finley's fall soccer team had their first spring practice in the rain.

Finley gave Hadley a horsey-ride...

...Hadley gave Finley a horsey-ride.  It didn't last long.

With two new bike riders in the family, I should get a bike. I will get a bike. But it's been over 15 years since I've actually ridden one. When everyone in the neighborhood was at work, I took Patrick's bike for a wobbly spin around the block.

Little kids need to walk up little hills.

I made it! According to Finley I'm getting a bike for Mother's Day, we'll see.

Uncle Ryan didn't quit his day-job, but has a new hobby...owning a sporting goods store. He partnered up with a friend to open St. Croix Sports specializing in hockey, baseball, soccer and lacrosse. The kids and I ran up for new Raider clothes - and batting gloves, a pink baseball glove and a whistle.

We met up with Jill, Gavin & Maddie for a chaotic dinner at Culvers before our drive home. Oh, Finley.

Finley has been excited for the Kid's Puddle Jump since last year's Puddle Jump. He was ready.

But first I got to race. Not so much race, as run. The 5K immediately followed the Treadmill 10 I did before leaving home. Certainly no PR, but a decent pace considering my long warm-up.

Finley's turn, getting ready. I love the sweatband, I received it in my Color Run packet and he immediately took ownership.

I enjoyed running alongside him.

Hadley tried to stay warm, next year she will participate too.


Finley loved, loved, loved it.  And I was so, so, so proud watching him and cheering like a fool.

Love him.

Love this picture.

90 minutes later Finley was on the soccer field for his first spring game - the Zucchinis played the Squash.

He's playing more aggressive.

And scored two goals - I thought it was three, but Finley said one was an assist. Very honest.

Auntie Shawna drove up from Chicago for a bike ride. Lucky for us, she stopped by for a really quick visit after her ride. In one hour, the kids showed off every single new trick they know.

Picking up my Color Run packet was very colorful!

I joined a few colleagues for the Color Run. It was c-o-l-d and windy. But a lot of fun and very colorful.


Gymnastics.


The Big Shots finished off on the trampoline.

The little sister finished off with a big fit  because she wanted to go on the trampoline too.

Whatever, play-doh-mixer.



No comments: