Patrick bought Finley a gas-powered four-wheeler. I say Patrick, because I wasn't sold on the idea of a 5-year old driving a four-wheeler. But, he's pretty good on it. We need to get a real helmet, I'm not sure a bike helmet would hold up in a crash, but better than nothing.
The John Deere tractor now belongs to Hadley.
Enter our yard at your own risk.
Karate has a new curriculum, allowing stripes to be earned weekly. This week, they were trying to earn a "punching" stripe and a "good listener" stripe. Stripes are not awarded to everyone. The kids sit and wait to see if their name is called.
Finley earned the 'punching' stripe.
And he earned the 'good listening' stripe too! In my eyes, this is the BEST STRIPE EVER! Proud mom!
Proud Finley!!
Hadley wanted to pick out her own shoes. Since she always picks out her Pumas, I rolled my eyes and said fine. I've tricked her in the car before, I'll trick her again. No Pumas, she chose her sparkly sandals. Yeah, no. Not to school, not when the high is 38. She screamed. I grabbed the sandals, I grabbed her nice shoes and we went to the bathroom. She held her sandals and cried. I brushed her teeth between screams. And I turned around to find this:
Her sweet brother was putting on her sparkly sandals. She wore them on the drive and her mean mom put her regular shoes on in the daycare parking lot. It was a win-win. And Finley couldn't have been sweeter.
We traded Finley for Nolan for an evening. Hadley & Nolan are chatterbugs. The conversation is continual and repetitive, it goes back-and-forth and back-and-forth. They flip to new topics without taking a breath.
Nolan: I got a owie.
Hadley: I got a owie.
N: I got owie on my leg.
H: I got owie on my leg too.
N: I got a bandaid.
H: I got a bandaid too.
N: I got a haircut.
H: I got a haircut too.
N: I got a haircut.
H: I got a haircut too. I got long hair.
N: I got short hair. I got superball.
H: Finley get superball. I get haircut with mom.
N: My dad is Ryan.
H: My mom is Heather.
N: My dad is Ryan.
H: My dad is Patrick.
N: I go school.
H: I go school too.
N: I go school.
H: I go school too.
N: Easton go school.
H: Finley go school too.
The kids dyed eggs at school and wanted to eat them - really they like cracking them.
The 5 Littles dyed eggs together.
Grandma, 5 Littles & I took a roadtrip to West Salem.
We went to Uncle Tim & Auntie Dixie's for lunch and playing.
They were a little wild inside, new things to checkout, new people to impress (or not) with their noisy silliness.
Let me get a nice picture together. I close my eyes mom! Yes, sweetie, I know. Fail.
...Hadley's turn didn't end so well. Thankfully Easton jumped quickly and hurdled over her.
Blasting off.
Sweet girl in shades.
Easter presents...
...and big cousins to love.
The Easter Bunny came!
The hunt was on.
Our TV is gross.
Baskets!
Cinnamon roll bunnies for breakfast.
Our next-door neighbors invited the kids over for an outdoor hunt.
It was pure racing fun.
Off to Grandpa & Grandma's. The calm before the storm.
Let's get a nice picture together. Not even the impending scavenger hunt could get five kids to look and smile. Indoor attempt at a nice picture, fail.
They were off, racing around the house, following clues to find treasure.
There were tears, Nolan really wanted his ring-pop. He wasn't the only one that cried. It wasn't the prettiest of holiday events. In fact, the scavenger hunt won't be repeated next year.
Each kid received many treats along the way and one special gift at the end.
Let me get one nice picture together. Fail again.
Grandpa's girl.
After lunch and major fighting over baskets, the kids hunted for eggs outside.
More running and racing, but this time it was fun. Each kid had his/her own color of egg to find - no arguing at all!
Let's get a nice picture together. Outdoor attempt, yeah more fail.
Cracking their eggs to see what was inside.
Game done. We survived an Easter-full of hunting and family :) Let me get a nice picture together? Might not be Finley, but I'll take it!







No comments:
Post a Comment