Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

Hadley really likes to chat on her cell phone. Going to work mom! as she struts around the house with her purse and gabbing on the phone. I have a lot of work to do mom! Yes, I see. And it must've been tough business, the expressions are too much.

Finley complained that his gum hurt, I stuck my finger in and felt the pokes of a new tooth. VERY exciting that he's going to have a new tooth. Not so exciting that it's coming in behind and (most likely) will not push his baby tooth out. I'll give it a couple weeks and if there are no major wiggles, he'll need to visit the dentist for a possible extraction - Spencer had the same thing. *Update, I sought free advice (thanks Becky), she said it'll be pulled. The permanent tooth isn't pushing on the roots of the baby tooth to dissolve them. This sucks. It's a milestone to lose your first tooth...the old-fashioned way. He's so dang excited he took out his tooth fairy pillow last night. 

She waits for him to get home.


With no major plans this weekend, we brought kids into play. The neighbors and cousins make a full house.


Donut date, yes please.

I didn't think dance class could get cuter, then they were invited to wear their Halloween costumes to class. There was a room full of princess ballerinas spinning and twirling.

There were three princesses, two unicorns, one mermaid, and Spiderman. 

And that Elsa wouldn't stop freezing herself. 

She melts me.


On Halloween Eve, we carved our pumpkins.

Finley didn't love scooping the guts.

He wanted to like it, but he just didn't.

Hadley thought it was icky too, but faked it for the pictures.

Patrick let both kids use the serrated knives that came in the jack-o-lantern kit. I took pictures, cringed, looked away, and waited for blood.


Happy carvers.


Slimy hands.

No carving contests won here.


Finley carved his 100% on his own. He didn't like the second eye, so making one giant eye made everything better? He thought so.


Hadley & I made treats.

Finley's school had a costume party two weeks ago, so on Halloween they had a costume-less celebration. I was in charge of bean bag toss. It was fun to watch Finley interact with his school friends.


After school, Finley changed, we picked up Elsa & Grandpa, and headed to trick-or-treat at M&J.

They each collected two pails of treats.

We bumped into Jake & Gracie too. 


Two Elsas - drink, drink.

Jake & Finley thought it was funny that neither had to smile for the picture.

We raced home for pre trick-or-treating dinner with our neighbors. Pinterest made me believe we needed Halloween-themed foods. I suck at Pinterest, so I picked the easiest things. Papa Murphy's jack-o-lantern pizza, witch's hats, acorns, and pumpkin patch pudding.

Grandma dropped off cookies that made a giant skeleton.

Feeding time.

The party of five.

Two Elsas, drink, drink.

And they were off!

It's my tradition to walk along to our closest three neighbor's homes, then I return to pass out candy (stay warm).


I couldn't keep up!


We have very generous and sweet neighbors.

Trick-or-treating in the gator.


It was cold. There were blankets, snuggles, and so.much.candy.



 Happy Halloween 2014 - Elsa & a Ninja







No comments: