I finally feel like we're in "real" summer and I'm desperate to ignore the calendar (mid-July already?!) In a teacher-brain, the 4th of July marks the down-turn of summer vacay. But the kids & I are enjoying real summer w/ less structure. We didn't have any planned activities this week, so it was a lot of whatever we felt like doing.
Patrick traveled for work this week. Technically he travels 1-2 days most weeks, but Mankato, MN isn't exciting enough to mention. This week he found himself in England, Ireland, & Norway.
He posted a picture of how he traveled between Ireland & Norway - private plane...
...I replied w/ a picture of how we traveled that day - giant bus cart.
Patrick traveled for work this week. Technically he travels 1-2 days most weeks, but Mankato, MN isn't exciting enough to mention. This week he found himself in England, Ireland, & Norway.
He posted a picture of how he traveled between Ireland & Norway - private plane...
One good part of birthday/holiday hangovers...the entertainment new gifts provide. Hadley wore her new outfit to dance...
...and there's been a whole lot of cupcake building, Polly Pockets, puzzles, and Shopkins.
Finley brought me a flier and pointed out someone that looks a lot like Suzie... it IS Suzie!
Post-dinner bike ride in the neighborhood.
Kids & I biked Irvine Park.
Kids & I walked the hills of Irvine Park.
But the walk was worth it to see the waterfall!
A short hike on a well-beaten path.
The bears were up walking and stalking.
Buffalo way in the distance.
Three baby zebras were recently born in the park. We were excited to see two of them up walking around.
The ducks are so overfed they won't even eat your bread.
Finley loved the new spider web on the playground.
Play-doh sundae?
It's beautiful out, you must play outside. So they took their inside project to the deck.
Hadley was fully looked over this week, she had her 4-year check-up and a dental exam. No pictures from the 4-year check-up, just stats...she's a big little girl 3' 5" (77%) and weighs 38 lbs (74%). She's always been higher than average for both height/weight so she continues on a steady growth pattern. She passed the hearing and vision exam and is healthy. Even though she passed the vision screener, I plan to ask Finley's ophthalmologist if she'd recommend a full eye exam for Hadley. Finley was 4 when we discovered his blurry eye and w/ 4K starting it might be a good idea. I think she sees fine, but then again I thought he did too. The craziest part of her 4-year check-up? Her kindergarten immunizations are done, (our pediatrician prefers to give them at 4 rather than 5).
As for Finley, no annual check-up. He'll go again at 8. Hadley's kindergarten shots are complete and Finley's so old he goes every/other year. Wake-up call, there are only kids in this household.
Hadley's dental appointment went well too. In the car she told me she'd sit on my lap. In the car I told her 4-year olds sit by themselves. For the first time, she sat in the chair alone!
Hadley calls her chipped tooth (the one she chipped early this spring after wiping out at daycare) her "little tooth". Dr. Terry (love him) said it looks secure and since it hasn't turned gray yet, it probably won't. He did comment that she'll need orthodontic work in the future (not because of the little tooth, but because she has a little mouth and he doesn't think all her teeth will fit).
Finley loves it when it's not his turn.
As much as I love-hate watching my kids grow up. One love is the beach...SO much easier w/ kids vs toddlers. No one ate sand. No one needed me in the water. I waded, talked, drank coffee, and took pictures.
Patrick returned and brought back the kids a bunch of souvenirs including Irish Whistles. What was he thinking?! The sound is horrible and loud and constant. Finley thinks he can play a song. He can't. Ugh. I'm hoping the fun wears off quickly.
Scott & Becky live in the country and have a lot of acreage. The kids have cruised on Scott's ATV, so Finley asked to bring their 4-wheelers out. I cringed as they fearlessly rode up/down hills, in/out of trees. No fear.
Three kids playing w/ the fire.
And s'mores to end the night.
Hadley's six-week summer sampler of Danz Kraze ended w/ a performance.
They were the littlest fish in the pond.
They looked so teeny down on the floor.
Teeny and cute. Hadley smiled the entire time.
She's second from the left.
My parents hosted 79 of us to celebrate family w/ four generations represented.
An old reunion tradition was to serve ice cream cones in the mid-afternoon. This year, the tradition was brought back.
Now that my generation has hit the parenting stage, there are plenty of kids having fun.
Hadley & Eliana really hit it off, Eliana was teaching Hadley how to pose ;) The cool part, Eliana & Hadley have a mutual friend and they'll be at the same birthday party next week.
Hadley & Nolan, she seeks him out.
Random reunion stuff...a little pig...
...and tightie-whities found by the clean-up crew ;)
I will (try to) ignore the school supplies (damn you Target) for a few more weeks...because right now I kinda want For Real Summer to last forever.













































No comments:
Post a Comment