During a 30 minute layover, Hadley discovered moon-roof dancing. She Whip Nae Nae'd for about 10 minutes, cars were honking and waving to her - oh my.
Danz Kraze!
W/o a third hand, I cannot do cute hair. Sometimes I attempt a little braid and we pull it back into her pony, it's not horrible (after a few tries) but it's as fancy as we get.
But not this day, she wanted the braid to dangle.
Most days she's a complete rag-a-muffin. A cute rag-a-muffin though.
We played "restaurant" while Finley had soccer practice. No matter what I ordered, she was out of it. Chicken nuggets please? Oh all gone! Pizza? Oh all gone! A salad? Oh all gone! Coffee? Oh all gone! Chocolate malt? Oh all gone! Fun game.
Laci posted one sneak peek from our second attempt of fall family pictures, it turned out cute! I love the yellow awning w/ our clothes. I hope the rest turned out good too, but no more sneak peeks until holiday cards.
Finley brought home an invite to attend a Boy Scout all-school event. He really wanted to go. Like really, really, really wanted to go. I figured it couldn't hurt to learn more about Boy Scouts, then discourage the idea, and we'd be done. Yeah, not so much - that meeting was in September. This was an invite to attend an actual Boy Scout den meeting! They made bird feeders, he won a bird house, and he begged to be signed up.
I tried to bite my tongue, I am really not into this. Apparently I didn't go a great job hiding my feelings, because Finley asked if I was mad at him...yeah, that hurt my mama-heart. I'm certainly not mad that he's interested in Cub Scouts, it's just waaaaay out of my comfort-zone. Other than popcorn selling and camping (I assume?!) I know ZERO about scouting. But....he wants this so bad. His BFF (Nicholas) is also a Cub Scout, and I feel like my job right now is to provide opportunities for my kids - so we're trying scouts for a year.
Truthfully, I could see this being Finley's "thing" for awhile. He loves to fish, be outside, camp, use tools, make projects, etc. Their first field trip is to the Eagle Center - that's right up his alley! Finley sits and looks out our window w/ binoculars and then looks birds up in his bird book (he's such a nerd sometimes).
He's so so so so so excited. He's excited about his uniform. He's excited about his Tiger Scout book. He's excited to earn badges. Even though I'm a little distressed about the idea, it's hard not to be excited listening to him practice the Scout Honor-thingy. And he does look cute in the uniform ;)
Sunday School on Wednesday nights is in full swing, Hadley's class sang during dinner. No matter where I stood someone got in my way, but trust me she looked cute singing B-I-B-L-E that's the book for me!
Thunder at 5:30 a.m. = nap before school.
It was Bring a Friend to Dance Day...unfortunately Hadley's friend was being a turd and wouldn't go in. And he'd been so excited about it. She actually seemed sad about it too, she'd look through the window to see if he was still watching.
When I resigned, so did another K teacher. Rather than a not-career, she started an in-home daycare and babysits another K teacher's baby...got that?! I've had a few inquiries if I'm interested in babysitting, ummm nope, plus my rates would be so high no one could afford me ;) But I did offer to all of my teacher-friend's to be their emergency back-up. And Friday I was called into duty.
We took a roadtrip to visit his mama at school for lunch.
And the kids argued over holding him. He's welcome back anytime!
Finley likes to watch kids' science experiments on YouTube, I agreed to make silly putty.
Soccer Saturday.
It was Hadley's last fall game.
She and a teammate chose to work against each other. This little girl stole the ball from Hadley (a few times) and scored. Hadley gave her horrible stinkeye and then said something - wish I could've heard. Next time down the field, Hadley played goalie against the same little girl, blocking the ball from the goal!
Finley has homework most nights. Hadley wants homework too. Crazy enough, she has testing in 4K, so we're practicing letters and she loves it.
She also loves to dance. And you.must.watch.her. If you look away, she yells at you to keep watching.
The diva is also into make-up, this is how I dropped her off today...we need to work on a steady hand.
Fall is blowing in, literally. Our leaves are near peak, and I'm afraid they'll all be on the ground by tonight. It's so windy right now. Fall is easily my favorite season, but I hate what follows. When my not-career started, I thought by mid-October I'd be settled into a routine and maybe even finding myself w/ too much time on my hands. That has not happened, I can't believe how busy I am chasing the kids from activity to activity - which is good, I don't want to be bored. Along w/ a few happenings at Finley's school, soon I'll be starting my next "job" - along w/ Grandma Lynn and a former EC superintendent, I'm helping our church create their preschool education program. It sounds like a fun opportunity to continue in education and I'm hopeful I can offer something to the committee. A true sign of fall - the Uggs have busted out.
































No comments:
Post a Comment