Yes, I'll take your picture w/ the pretty fall leaves.
Yes, I'll take your picture w/ your new sunglasses. Sister's beating me to the punch, I don't even need to ask.
We joined Finley for Walk to School Day, he loved having us on the playground w/ him.
Danz Kraz.
No cavities, good. But he needs to see an orthodontist, bad. Finley's back left permanent top molar under-bites his lower molar. So the dentist wants us to have an ortho consult. They may wait a bit. But most likely they'll start stretching out the roof of his mouth...that's the layman's terms. From what I understand, a child's mouth is still growing (OK, I knew that part). So while growth is happening, they can manually assist (push) the growth plates a little wider. To do this, they put some kind of 'thing' across the roof of his mouth and I'll have to turn it each day to keep pushing that top molar out. This sounds like a ton of fun for the kid that gags during teeth xrays. We haven't even had the consult yet, but I have a bad feeling about this.
Mascara is nearly impossible to apply in the car.
She applies mascara so often, even Finley wanted to try.
Patrick went hunting, so I had roommates.
We visited the firefighters at Station 8, the ECFD hosted an open house to check out the station and all of their equipment.
Spraying the water hose w/ Sparky.
Freddy the Firetruck visits schools during Fire Safety Week, it's a celebrity-sighting when you're 7.
Auntie hosted her annual Halloween party. We have two Oompa Loompas (my favorite is hearing Nolan say "Oompa Loompa), a Mad Scientist...
...another Mad Scientist...
...and a Donut that doesn't want to be a donut.
Hadley wanted to be a pink ninja w/ a sword, ugh, ick. I talked her into being a donut, but she has been less than thrilled.
She wouldn't put it on for the group picture...
...no empathy here, I made her watch. Sometimes I stoop to their level of stubbornness.
When I told her she couldn't play games w/o a costume, she put it on AND smiled. I won for a little bit, but it came right off after the games. If she only knew how adorable she looks!
Games.
The outdoor scavenger hunt was the kid-favorite.
The pinata, youngest to oldest...
...and the 3rd kid (Rory) cracked it. The big kids were bummed they didn't get a chance to whack it.
But they all scored loot.
We falled-up our front walk, we're ready for trick-or-treaters!
Our yard keeps them busy.





















No comments:
Post a Comment