Monday, October 26, 2015

To be continued...

We've been busy and we're headed into a REALLY busy week full of Halloween stuff!

Finley had his first official Den Meeting as a Tiger Scout. They measured things and I have no idea what else because Patrick doesn't give a lot of detail. But Finley had fun! He brought home homework and is close to earning his first badge, which he is really really excited about.


Hadley wanted to watch a make-up video, seriously this girl and make-up. So I found my favorite YouTuber (technically, the only YouTuber that I actually know in real-life) and her Halloween make-up video...I posted this picture on FB and the YouTuber even "liked" it ;)

Hadley loves Josie, I think she wants to keep her. She's begging for a sleepover at Grandma's so that she can stay w/ Jo-jo. Josie was on vacay at Grandma's, so Hadley went over for an hour to play...

...the next day we dropped something off and Sister was SAD that we weren't actually going into the house. Like crying sad w/ real tears. She wanted to see her Josie-girl.

Grandma even had her picking up poop. It was fun for one scoop, then Finley stepped in it and the 'game' was over.

I attended Finley's parent-teacher conference w/ Mrs. Gilbert. It went really well! Finley is a good listener, tries hard, participates, etc. He's the "office kid" which means Mrs. Gilbert trusts him to run errands and come right back w/o messing around in the hallway (Finley told me Mrs. Gilbert only chooses Finley & Sophia for this important job). Math is Finley's strength, and his reading skills are on grade-level. I left happy and proud of him!

Finley was dismissed from S/L 18 months ago, but he's continued to have 1-2 articulation errors that I've been monitoring. He passed the 1st grade S/L screener, but these errors still kinda bug me and I've noticed one pop up in his writing. For example he sometimes will say neighVors instead of neighBors and it showed up in a story written as navors. I stopped by S/L to chat w/ the therapist to see if I need to be worried, she doesn't think so, but gave me some things to work on at home. Hopefully we can nip it before it is an issue.

Finley didn't attend his conference, but here's a picture of his work in the hallway. His printing is very legible/neat (in my opinion), but it's hard to decipher in the blurry picture. He made a "Leaf Man" out of leaves and wrote about it...Leaf man saw a brd, his name is Finski. It fings like a brd. Guessing he meant FLIES like a bird, but whatever ;)

W/ parent-teacher conferences came a two-day fall break from school. Finley really likes school, but he welcomed two extra days off. We went to the Children's Museum w/ Melissa, Elle, & Elise. 


Sadly, Finley is starting to outgrow the Children's Museum, but they had a science demonstration which was perfect for him.


They made Super Hero masks too.

The kids brought back an old favorite...Dance Party! 

Hadley thought it was her job to teach the Whip Nae Nae.

We got flocked by Elle & Elise!

Finley had his first Boy Scout day trip. They went to Wabasha, MN to the National Eagle Center. Patrick chaperoned, he obliged w/ taking pictures, but again the details were minimal, so I'm guessing a little. This is the Pack from Finley's school that attended the trip.

Finley & Nicholas.


They went to a pumpkin patch first.



Then onto the National Eagle Center.


Standing in a real eagle's nest. It's GIANT! Finley really liked the eagle center and is asking to go back.

The dam on Grandma & Grandpa's lake needs repair, so they are draining the lake down about 10 feet. This has produced a temporary beach all the way around the lake. In hopes of a sandier swimming area, we picked rocks and tossed them back to the shoreline.


This entire area is normally underwater. It's really crazy to see.




The kids weren't entirely helpful, but they had a blast looking for treasures, digging, running, and getting wet.

After the rocks were picked up, we took a long walk down the shoreline. Something we will most likely never be able to do again. You'll notice a 6th kid, we brought Charlie along for the fun too.


This looks like a sandy beach destination, not our little lake.

We scooped out our pumpkins, we'll hopefully carve them tonight. We have party plans for Friday & Saturday night this week. Halloween is coming, to be continued...



No comments: