Monday, September 12, 2016

Catching Up

Last week's post was dedicated to all of the First Days of School, so this post is a little bit all over - our final-final days of summer vacay and now fall activities have officially kicked off!

We went to
Valleyfair! It was a perfect day to be there, some MN schools had started, so the lines were really short (sometimes not even a line).

Hadley & Nolan stuck together for the smaller rides...

...Spencer & Easton rode the bigger rides...

...and Finley floated in-between. He wanted to be brave, he tried High Roller the old-school wooden rollercoaster, but he wasn't crazy about it. Sometimes the littlest rides were too little (the picture in the train car makes me laugh, he looks bored and too big)...

...but sometimes the littlest rides were just right (this is starting to sound like the story of The Three Bears).

Finley was very proud of two big rides - he went on Mad Mouse (behind him) MANY times and he went on the upside-down Corkscrew roller-coaster twice!

I even went on a few, but after the Tilt-a-Whirl, I mostly stopped, that was horrible.

Hadley was willing to go on all of the spinning rides, but she would get weirdly quiet and complain her head hurt, it made me nervous.

Hadley & Spencer - so cute together.

Thankfully the three biggest were tall enough to ride The Wave alone and the two littlest were content getting soaked while watching.

Grandma made this happen, 5 kids in an old-time saloon w/ guns. Nolan is holding Captain Morgan, that's my boy!

And this was what Hadley looked like walking out - tired and crabby. Finley too, but I know better than to tease him w/ a picture.

The neighbors got a dog and now everyone wants one, especially Hadley.

We watched a bunch of dogs swim at the pool!


We visited Auntie Shawna, she was camping about an hour away. We had a Kubb tournament, sharpened sticks (I was not a fan) for s'mores, and had a campfire dinner.

Little Sister is finally tall enough for her new bike!

Testing out the playground before school started.

Finley started his second year of Cub Scouts - he's a WOLF this year!

My second kid-free day was very kid-full, I had a toddler for the day! A former colleague needed a back-up and took up my standing offer to friends - don't call in sick, let me help. We took out toddler toys the night before...

...and the next day he was ours, he was a little unsure at first...

...but quickly fell into our fold.

We dropped the big kids off to school and then it was just the two of us - he was such a good boy! I had fun w/ him and invite him back anytime.

Finley's 1st grade class started potato plants. He planted his in Sue's garden and this week, they dug them up!

Total perk of becoming friends w/ the art teacher - picture texts! Hadley is on the left and needs to tie her shoes ;)

Kindergarten kicks her butt.
 

Finley lost tooth number 7, he pulled it out himself!


She's 5 and I already cannot stand her room. She does not get this from me.

Hadley is a pink Blueberry this year for U6 soccer, she's #5. Just like last year, she's aggressive and goes after ball. She scored a few goals, maybe 4, and the Blueberries won their first game!

The look when your cheering section is yelling to stop stealing the ball from your teammates and to pass sometimes. Hashtag ballhog.

Easton & Finley had a sleepover in our living room.

A breath-holding contest, cute tan lines.

The kids started Sunday School and helped w/ a September 11th project giving thanks to our local community helpers.

A very special day for this group of cute kids. 

There are two really GREAT parts of staying home w/ school-agers, coffee w/ retried colleagues...

...and being home when the kids get off the bus! 

Oh, and cookies. I totally redeemed myself and baked edible cookies for Hadley's first day. 

Another perk, volunteering at school. I am helping at school Tuesday and Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week - I love it! I'm off to finish packing and writing up my notes for Patrick - I'm going to Puerto Rico on Thursday! I'm a little nervous how things will go when I'm not home, both kids were crying when I dropped them off today and things will be majorly different when I'm not here. But I'm hopeful they'll survive! Next week's post might not happen, I travel back Monday night and I'm doubtful Patrick will take a single picture while I'm gone. But eh, as long as their alive when I come back and show up to school on time w/ their teeth brushed, I'll be happy.



No comments: