Monday, January 9, 2017

It's Been Freezing

Carol found a set of my old barrettes and Hadley loves them, she wore them to school each day last week.

Right before Christmas, Finley finished up Flag Football, the Vikings didn't do very well, but he still had fun.

The kids love that our neighbors put a hockey rink in their backyard, even w/ temps below zero, they've been out there skating.

Hadley's working on it!

A new (to us) fun way to play in winter.

Happy skater-kids!

It's been so stinkin' cold that our pop is freezing - literally - in the garage!

Finley, Nicholas, Patrick & David headed to Polar Adventures at the Boy Scout camp. W/ temps well below zero and a high of 2 (first time we'd been forecasted above zero in over three days), I packed all kinds of warm things - long underwear, extra gloves/socks, snow pants, hand warmers, face mask, a blanket etc. Patrick called when they got to camp...Finley didn't have his jacket?!! Seriously - I didn't think I needed to lay that out too. Weirdly, Patrick brought two jackets for himself (eyeroll), so Finley wore one of them.

The rest of the pictures will have to tell their own stories, because I was told nothing except Finley wasn't cold and he had fun.


While the boys were at Polar Adventures, Hadley had Allie over to play. Their play dates are so easy and sweet.


It's nice to see her girly side when Finley is gone.


Finley & Nicholas have been attending the Jr Blugold basketball camp. I'm bummed to miss their performance at the game next weekend.

To beat the freeze, Hadley got a teeny tiny Caribou. It was a perfectly warm hot chocolate and she loved the kid-sized sytro cup. 


Last week I shared a picture of Tab & I celebrating her college graduation over dinner. Thanks to my mom for tipping off a friend/reporter at the local paper, our story was highlighted w/ a long article and giant picture in Saturdays' edition. The story was very well-written and we have received many nice messages about the success of our match. According to the article, the goal of BBBS is for partnerships to last one year, so we've blasted that w/ our 18-years of friendship. (I said 17 years last week, I did my math wrong). Unfortunately I do not have many pictures of us from long ago, we met well before iPhones. This picture was taken in 2005 at a bowling fundraiser.

Tab & I were interviewed over coffee last week, this is us trying to act normal, but feeling incredibly goofy as a photographer snapped pictures at a local coffee shop. I took pictures w/ my iphone of my laptop screen, so the quality is crap, but you aren't allowed to save pictures from their website ;)

Back when it wasn't freezing yet (early October)...we had family pictures taken for our holiday cards. We don't like to post the pictures before holiday cards are received, but now I safely can. As always, I hate hate hate family picture day. Thankfully we got a few good shots, although it didn't feel that way at the time.

My favorites :)

Next week's post will most likely be late, I fly back to MSP at 11:30 p.m. Sunday night and will grab a few hours sleep before getting the kids off to school. Not sure what I'll be coming home to (the house may/may not be destroyed) and my productivity will be low w/ only a little sleep - but the quick trip will be worth it!

Since I'm going for a run, I'd like to say this is all I've packed for my trip. But after packing nearly 40 pounds of stuff, I laugh that I considered only bringing a carry-on.




No comments: