Monday, January 30, 2017

Just Kid Stuff

It seems almost weekly that we've had weather delays/cancellations for school...but donuts always make them happy.

Easton turned SEVEN this week, so hard to believe that our middle-little is that old, because (obviously) there are two littles that are even older. We FaceTimed him to sing, but we were too close to bedtime and he wasn't very excited to hear our rendition of Happy Birthday in Spanish. Spencer was forced to listen instead ;) Next weekend we will celebrate Easton at his birthday party!

It was Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character Day at school. Hadley dressed up like Pete the Cat from Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons...

...and Finley was Stink Moody from the Stink series, his current favorite books.

I'm not creative nor crafty, but I totally patted-myself-on-the-back for Finley's tshirt - this was the picture I found online and I painted his to match. Hadley's shirt-idea came from Pinterest and Grandma helped w/ the buttons.

Hadley was excited to see Mrs. Conlin was dressed up like Pete the Cat from Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes.

Patrick thought he was dying last weekend (he had a cold) and Hadley battled the crud this week. Thinking she might have strep again, I ran her in, nada just ibuprofen until she's feeling better - so I delivered the drugs to the playground.

Finley had a new friend over to play, his name is Henri. Henri's dad is from Norway, mom is from CO, they lived in Dubai, then CO, and now they've settled in the neighborhood I lived in in high school, unique life-experiences for an 8 year old. Henri is a totally sweet kid and the playdate went really well. I'm happy his mom trusted us (mom & I have volunteered a few times together) to drop him off for a few hours.

Scott & Becky had a party to attend and asked us to babysit Baby K. YES, please! I promise she was much happier than the pictures show ;)

And snuggling her to bed was my favorite part.


For the next twoish months our Sundays are full - Sunday school, baseball camp, gymnastics and swimming lessons. It makes for a busy day, but it is nice to keep our weeknight evenings a little less busy.


Both kids love swimming lessons at the Y, Finley has requested no more summer lessons at Fairfax Pool. They like the indoor pool and specifically the 5 bonus minutes in the heated kiddie pool at the end.









No comments: