Monday, February 13, 2017

My Kid-Life

Without working, my kids are my life. I don't really do much that isn't something for (or because of) them. I don't mean this negatively at all, I like it. But every single day I think about how big my kids are getting (and it makes me sad). I don't really want the challenges/exhaustion of littles anymore, but I would rewind for a day here/there. I love FB's "On This Day", it's one of the first things I do each morning - I brush my teeth and look back at these cuties. Some memories make me laugh... 

...and others are just so sweet.

Hadley's class went on a field trip to the Children's Museum! She was SO excited for this day, she'd picked out a cute outfit for the occasion two weeks ago.

Connor is our neighbor and a classmate.

Between my own kids and attending K field trips (when I was teaching), I've been to the museum many times over the past 6ish years. One of the favorite exhibits is always the "mouth". The kids crawl up a giant tongue and travel through the stomach like a piece of food would - how have I never-ever realized that this exhibit finishes w/ the kids landing in a toilet?!

It was a fun morning and I was happy to be a chaperone for my favorite girl.
 

Patrick was gone all week snowmobiling which = sleepovers for me. These two are such bed hogs!

Working hard for my cute boss, Hadley was excited to ride w/ on Thursday...

...because she had a dentist appointment. Ugh, she has the start of TWO teeny cavities, she goes back in two weeks to have them filled before they become big cavities. Mom-fail :( Our hygienist said she has deep grooves in her molars which are prone to cavities because food easily gets stuck inside...I bet she says that to all guilt-ridden moms, pretty sure she said that when Finley got a cavity too.

Hadley wanted her picture taken for Uncle Ryan, she got a new sweatshirt from his store to wear when the boys play hockey.

Spin Art - a Christmas present Dave & Karen - neighbors that spoil.


Hadley is really into math right now, she was writing number sentences at a basketball game, maybe Finley is rubbing off on her.


Rachel & I kicked off our weekend w/ a long run - longer than we intended. I had a route mapped out and once we started chatting I forgot about following it. We then miscalculated how far away we were from our cars and this added 1.5 miles on, ending w/ 14.5 miles ran. I feel like the EC Marathon will be here before I know it, so the hills and distance are good for me, I feel really out of shape w/ outdoor running right now.

 

Hadley had a full day w/ Allie and her family - basketball and ice skating.


Finley was invited to Monster Jam in Minneapolis w/ Nicholas and his family.



I have NO idea how Monster Jam works - I think it's a competition, I think someone wins, is it a race? Is the winner the one that stays alive?! It doesn't seem normal/safe to fly giant trucks off jumps and have them land upside down.


Must be a boy-thing, because they liked it!

W/ both kids gone, I did nothing for one hour. This is rare and I liked it ;)


We finished the weekend off w/ baseball camp, gymnastics, and swimming lessons. Without a life-belt on, Finley jumped off the diving board and swam to the edge independently! Woo-hoo! He's really becoming a swimmer!


There's a small chance I'll post later this week, there's a good chance I won't, and I definitely won't be posting next Monday - the kids are off school and we will have just returned from our vacay in Punta Cana. As much as I enjoy my kid-life, I am looking forward to some kid-free time. I bumped into a former colleague and the first thing he told me - I saw you walk in and I could tell by your face how stress-free and relaxed you are. Which made me wonder how stressed out I looked at school?! I took it as a compliment :)

I wish this were all I packed, but of course I already have 44.5 pounds of luggage for 5 DAYS. Are 9 dresses too much?! I like options.



No comments: