Saturday, February 18, 2017

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day means cookies...

...treats for friends...

...treats from friends...

...dinner out (Panera, woo-hoo, Finley picked 😉)...

...a few post-bath presents (should've combed their hair)...

...work w/ my sweetheart-boss and coffee w/ two baby-sweethearts (baby girl was sleeping)...

...and my favorite sweethearts. I should've taken this picture before school, they always look disheveled when they get off the school bus.

 I 💗 you Finley & Hadley!

We're all clueless, but we've all been bitten by the hockey bug. Finley insisted he wear his Wild jersey to play on the neighbor's rink.

W/ milder temps approaching, I'm not sure how many more times they'll get to play hockey until dark, they have loved having a rink next door.

One of the SEA's in Hadley's classroom received the Golden Apple Award for their school. The award was presented and taped for TV, they should be on the news next week. Hadley was pretty excited when she got home, she loves Mrs. Moss.

Hadley's class celebrated the 100th Day of Kindergarten. I dug out my old tshirt and tied it in the back :)

Finley was determined to beat Caden (a friend/classmate) w/ most-minutes-read in the Read-a-Thon. Not sure where the competitiveness w/ Caden came from, but Finley read up a storm. After 800 minutes in two weeks, Finley did it. Not only did he beat Caden, he out-read ALL other 2nd graders! He was named "Super Reader" of 2nd grade and got to visit the other classrooms w/ the principal and the Super Readers from each grade.

The Read-a-Thon was a school-wide fundraiser, it's nice because it's the ONLY fundraiser all year and you don't have to sell anything. After Finley's awesome popcorn sales, we didn't hit anyone up besides Grandpa & Grandma and then we gave a donation to each kid. So I feel guilty that Finley took second-place for pledges (in K-2) and won a Kindle Fire (we put zero effort into collecting pledges), but obviously he's excited about it!

This month Cookies & Canvas made cupcakes, more art for our playroom walls!

Spring is coming (maybe not yet, but it'll feel like it this week) and Grandma did some shopping, Hadley is pumped for her high heels (wedges). Tonight we leave for a place where sandals will be weather-appropriate, I'll miss the kids but I'm looking forward to time w/ friends.


No comments: