Basically I rotated holding babies. I'd be holding one, see the other looking at me and feel guilty, so then I'd swap. And the last 10ish minutes everyone wanted to be held, so I obliged. I have no idea how mamas of multiples do anything but hold babies (these two babies have an older brother and sister too, yup FOUR kids). I managed to make Hadley an Easy Mac & Cheese and then ignored her pleas of still being hungry, telling her she could wait until we got home ;) My skills must've amazed Hadley, when I picked up the second baby, she grabbed my phone and told me to smile...I love her.
The kids got yummy April Fool's Day cupcakes! Grandma & Auntie bought cupcakes that looked like a chicken leg, unicorn poop, a fried egg, and a worm in dirt. They all tasted good, but my kids were surprisingly hesitant to try them, neither would try the chicken leg!
I started the weekend running w/ a group of ladies. I'm pretty nervous about pacing, the half is only a month away. But I've really enjoyed running w/ new/old friends on the weekends, time goes by so quickly!
While I was running, the kids were too. Finley's Cub Scout Den delivered flyers in our neighborhood for a Food Drive, next Saturday they get to run around again and pick up any donations for a local food pantry.
After they finished, they went to the ballpark to clean up the fields. Baseball and t-ball officially start this week, Finley will practice M/W and Hadley T/Th for the entire month, so there goes our April evenings! I can't wait to throw Hadley's soccer schedule into that mix.
More babies, animal-babies this time. We never made it to the Lambing Barn last year and Hadley is such an animal-lover, I wanted to make sure we got out there this spring. Bonus when friends could join us too.
Our first stop was the chicks, Hadley would've been content standing right here the entire time. She loved every second of holding the chicks.
The piglets are adorable, but the sows might be the Ugliest Animals Ever. So giant and so gross.
Animals make Finley a little nervous, I actually thought he was getting the flu - he was quiet and looked like he was about to cry/puke when we were in the barn. I totally get it, animals are unpredictable, they stink, and they might bite. I was surprised when he was willing to hold a piglet.
Hadley held anything that was available ;)
I held nothing and hid behind my camera...
The Lambing Barn has had over 200 lambs and goats born this spring! There were so many cute babies in the pens.
Finley's willingness to hold animals started/ended w/ the piglets, he preferred to pet the lambs.
Outside for some fresh air!
This will be Finley's last year for pony rides, next year he will be too big. He was too tall, but fell under the weight limit, so they let him ride.
We went back in the barn and witnessed a set of twins being born! Gross and amazing all at once. This little one was born 45 minutes before his brother/sister, he was trying to get his shaky back legs to work.
After mom continued to labor, Farmer Jon stuck his glove-free hand inside (so gross), discovered the twin was breech and pulled it right out! They take the baby by the back legs and swing it like a pendulum. It seems so wrong, but it forces gravity to pull the fluids out of the lungs and get baby to breathe.
After a few questions (Finley thinks the baby came out of the goat's bottom, should make for an interesting "share" in second grade today), we headed back to the cute chicks because Hadley wanted to hug all of them. For real.
We've been in our house 11 years and there are some updates that need to happen. We started carpet shopping and this week our dryer died. Patrick had fixed it twice before, so this time we're done w/ it. Friday night we went appliance shopping.
We found a fancy new set, brought the washer home and Patrick discovered they are too tall to fit under our cabinets. Because he "knew" how tall our current set was, he never measured before we went shopping, so he's now raising our cabinetry and counter two inches!
The dryer is supposed to arrive today. It NEEDS to arrive today because I have mountains of laundry to do.
























No comments:
Post a Comment