The kids requested a lunch date, I think it's less about me visiting and more about the attention they receive from eating ice cream at the lunch table. This week they brought home the final lunch calendar for the school year, this year went crazy-fast.
She wanted her picture w/o her friend...
...and when I left to get a refill of water, she selfied it up on my phone.
Finley had earned a spot in the District Pinewood Derby Race. It was held Saturday and there were about 80 cars in this race.
The tracks and clocks are all computerized and pretty technical. Each car raced 4 times (once in each lane) and the four times are averaged for your official race time.
What you look like when your car wins a heat...four times.
There was a major computer glitch that halted the race for 30 minutes (maybe longer, it felt like forever)...
...but it was worth the wait when they called up the 5 fastest racers/cars.
He took 2nd place! Congratulations Finley!
Grandma took the kids to Danica's house, they helped feed the chickens and collect eggs.
He quickly ruled out allergies and pink eye, so he lit her eye up...literally! W/ a little dye and a black light, we could easily see a scratch medically called a Corneal Abrasion. The doctor was soooo nice to Hadley, he let her look in the mirror to see her glowing eye and laughed when I wanted to take a picture of it ;)
Not sure how it happened, most likely she got a piece of dirt/debris in her eye, rubbed it and it scratched the surface. It should quickly heal itself, and we're putting an antibiotic ointment on it to prevent an infection.
The scratch has not slowed her down at all, she has hardly complained and played outside as soon as we got home.
On Monday I watched the 121st Boston Marathon, watching is a lot easier than running it. Although the Elites sure make it look easy.
Tuesday marked the one-year anniversary since I ran the Boston Marathon. I looked back for one picture to post here and couldn't pick - so many pictures w/ so many emotions, so here's a bunch ;)
And on Wednesday I signed up for my 4th marathon. Yeah, I'm still trying to let that sink in. Not sure why? Maybe it'll get me over the spooked feeling I have from Boston? But if it sucks too, maybe it'll be my last. I cannot wait to start training and planning my summer weekends around running (major sarcasm).




































No comments:
Post a Comment