Less than a month until Hadley turns 6 years old (I cannot believe that!), but she recently acted like she was 2...she graffitied our walls! In multiple places in the hallway! W/ pen! What the heck?!
And the real kicker? She signed her name and denies it?! Come on Sister, who else would write your name in pen on our wall?! So not only is she a graffiti artist, she's a liar! Awesome.
Art w/ a positive...both kids had art pieces chosen to hang in the district-wide Art Show. Proud mom and proud kids! Unfortunately I wasn't home to attend the reception, so Grandma helped get them dressed up for the event.
Hadley's piece was a City Scape...
Patrick & the kids went to the Dells for a fun weekend w/ Auntie Shawna, Jake, Grandma Kathleen, Uncle Jeremy, Mayah, Owen & Leah. It was a cold weekend for Mayah's soccer tournament, but it looks like that made for good snuggling.
W/ a tournament near the Dells, they got to stay at the Kalahari and swim and play games.
The kids "bought" bracelets w/ their tickets...
...one kid was trying to win my heart...or maybe she felt bad about that graffiti-thing.
And passed out for the ride home.
While they were in the Dells, I was on a Girl's Weekend! The three of us took a flight to Denver, CO...
...to visit Carolynne!
Carolynne lives in the foothills between Denver and Colorado Springs, this is the view from her living room - yes, please!
On Friday, we went to the Garden of Gods for hiking....I use the term "hiking" loosely, it was a paved path through unique land structures. The views were so pretty and we had fun climbing around.
Having only been to CO once before and we'd stayed in Vail, I really wanted to see the massive Rockies again. I learned they are north of Colorado Springs, so we only got some peeks of them in the distance - but they are still giant and beautiful.
An anticipated snow storm hit - big time. This was the view from Carolynne's living room 24 hours apart standing in the same spot - we couldn't even see the foothills as the snow/clouds completely blocked everything...
...and the snow fell fast and hard. Her little town literally closed up the shops/restaurants and we were stuck being lazy all of Saturday - we never left the house. Forced laziness is kinda nice.
Sunday morning we could see the foothills again, unfortunately the deck Jill & Carolynne had cleared off was covered again, but hey - it's CO.
It was fun weekend, perfectly filled w/ a lot of couch-time, drinks, good food, laughing and lots of play time w/ Savannah - lucky girl had 4 moms to take care of her. Thanks ladies - I would love to do this again, but until then, let's get our Birthday Trip planned :)
Flying home Sunday, led to immediate "momming" as soon as I was back. Backpacks to check, lunches to make, and I was really happy to drop the kids off Monday to get life pulled back together.
This week kicked off all the games - first tball game, first baseball game and two soccer games. It was a beautiful spring afternoon for her first game.
A little girl t-baller? Oh my cuteness. She was SO excited for her first game!
She totally looked the part.
But it wouldn't be tball w/o a little sand-playing.
Her favorite part was hitting and running the bases.
She was ALL smiles coming home. Not that you can tell because all I caught was Patrick's butt.
W/ a stride like this, maybe she should be a runner!
I insisted Patrick move the next time she came around!
Finley's first Coach Pitch game landed on the same evening/same time as a soccer game, so I sadly had to miss it. One picture that Grandma sent.
Our fall soccer star hasn't been playing very aggressively this spring, not sure if it's less interest now that tball has started or what. But she doesn't go after the ball like before, she stands around and waits for it. For her second game, Patrick told her she needed to score 3 goals or she was sleeping outside.
Grandpa & I continued to watch her trip and stand around nearly the entire game...
...at the start of the 4th quarter w/ no goals, we were teasing her about sleeping outside, still nothing. W/ two minutes left, the little stinkpot turned it on and scored three back-to-back goals looking over at us each time w/ a smarty-pants look on her face. This girl!
Thankfully I was able to be at Finley's second game, he likes baseball and is doing pretty well.
Sometime last week I ran the half marathon course one more time in preparation for yesterday's official race...
...while my anxiety continued to build wondering why I thought pacing was a good idea. But there's too much to do right now, so all of the pictures from the Kids Run and my run will come next week.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment