Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

We shipped Flat Easton back to EP Rock, his last picture was "spinning" w/ Finley. Fidget spinners are where it's at these days. My kids are as hooked as everyone, but thankfully there's been no arguments about taking them to school, they hand them to me as they exit the vehicle.

Miss Elise & I had our last day of work together. This was an easy job and helping teacher-friends was exactly what I wanted to do when I resigned...but Melissa is WAY more than just a teacher-friend 😍

Patrick is going to St. Louis most weeks, so I get a whopping 4-5 inches to myself during our sleepovers.

Grandma took Hadley to tball, maybe it should be called sand play?! Little Sister really likes tball, but I feel like beaching might be more her sport - she plays in the sand nearly the entire game.

The next night, Grandpa came to watch her play in the sand.


For real, sand play...

...w/ a little tball.

Hadley wore "Auntie-Hair" to school - messy bun and headband. When I told her she looked like Auntie, she got a giant smile.

I promised each kid one more Culvers lunch at school, due to the ice cream and staggered lunch shifts, this is a two-day ordeal. Hadley was first, she was super pumped to see me, but when I sat down next to her she told me the seat was saved for Elliana and pointed across the table?! Next year she'll probably ask me to just drop lunch off.

Thank goodness for Finley, he knows how to sit by his mom AND his friends. He's still a hugger and kisser at school, I hate to think someday (maybe soon?!) he won't be.

After lunch w/ Finley, I needed to check on Hadley, she'd had a rough start to the school day. Normally I walk them into school, but this day I was in a rush and sent them on their way from the car. When I do this, both kids turn back and wave, take a few steps turn back and wave, all the way to the door. Hadley was turning back and waving/walking and she walked right into a brick post! I literally saw her bounce off and grab her face. I quickly drove around, parked, ran inside and found her sitting in her locker crying 😢 It took a little bit to settle her down (I'm sure it scared her more than hurt). But when I came back for lunch w/ Finley, she was totally fine in her mismatched outfit of the day.

My bookworm is really into the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  Every once in awhile he hits a big word and needs some help, so he sticks near me to ask - I run, he reads.

Hadley finally had an aggressive soccer game, two goals too!

We have two sets of neighbors that treat our kids like grandkids, on Friday Karen asked the kids to a movie and a sleepover. Yes and yes. Karen has a tons of treats and games and spoils them perfectly. 

They even talked her into birthday pancakes when it was no one's birthday 😊


After Karen & Dave's house, they went to Grandpa & Grandma's for more spoiling and another sleepover.


Patrick & I went to Minocqua to celebrate Kitt's 40th birthday, it was a full day of pontooning, food, drinks and laughs.


Whenever I'm gone, I miss the kids. Then we get back and it's a whopping 3-4 minutes and someone reminds me why I wanted a break. After the sleepover at Karen's and a sleepover at Grandma's and a full day outside, Finley was done. Like crazy-person crabby and irrational. He was sent to his room and continued to come out, so like a jail keeper, I parked it outside his room. I figured it would take 10ish minutes for him to pass out. Nope, for over an hour he cried and pushed notes under his door begging me to let him out. I was sat and sat and sat and eventually won when the turkey gave up and fell asleep.


The air temp was 70 and the water temp 65...

...but kids are dumb and off the dock they went. I cannot imagine!

They tried out the kayaks they received for Christmas.


Grandpa got a new toy! He will be tearing it up on the lake this summer!


One quick start and poor Easton fell off the back of the boat - Easton was surprised and NOT happy about it.


We all participated in the Memorial Day Parade. Finley walked w/ his Cub Scout Pack.


And the rest of us walked w/ Bob's House for Dogs.

The stroller-dog was the biggest hit.


Memorial Day weekend is the official kick-off to summer, and we're one week away from summer vacation!




No comments: