Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Backing up...

Welcome to Baby Sullivan's Blog!

As our news begins to go public, let us back up to the beginning....

On Saturday, November 24th I (Heather) saw two lines on a home pregnancy test - ecstatic? YES! Due to a medical situation I wasn't suppose to test until the 26th, but couldn't wait...so I kept the news to myself until the next day, when another two tests showed the same results. At this time, I shared the news with Patrick - he was excited too! On Monday I went in for a blood test my hcg level was 691...HIGH, two days later it was 1660...we were officialy prego!




At 7 weeks we had an early ultra sound, we saw the heartbeat flickering and heard it as well, a strong 143. It was a surreal experience!


As we've just begun our 9th week, I'm happy to report that I've been feeling relatively well. I've had some slight nausea (just a few times) and I've been quite tired. But after hearing horror stories from others - it could be much worse. I continue to work out/run (doctor OK'd it as long as I'm feeling OK), I've been reading a TON and have learned a lot already.

Here are pictures documenting my already expanding waistline...I'm sure Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years has NOTHING to do with it...yeah right! For the first time (in a long time) I didn't hold back!


Week 4



Week 5


Week 6
Week 7

Week 8


Week 9

Here we go...the journey has begun....

3 comments:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

Well look what I found! I'm so excited you'll be blogging...can't wait to hear all the details over the next 7 months. ;)

-Kristi

Cary and Jill said...

I'm so excited for you and Gavin is excited to have a new little friend in August! Pregnancy is amazing so enjoy it, it goes so fast!

Faith said...

I totally agree with Jill, pregnancy is amazing and while you're in it, it goes slowly, but when you look back, it is just a blink! Enjoy it while you can :) SO happy for you!