Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 12 - Baby it's COLD!

Anyone NOT in Cancun, can sympathize with the title! As I write, the temperature is –9 and the wind chill is –26 and this is at 10:00 in the morning! I hope Grandma & Grandpa Market and Grandma Lynn & Grandpa Jim (Fering) are enjoying themselves in sunny Cancun. Today I’d like a Banana Monkey with my chips-n-salsa at the Packer Game happy hour. Lynn and I have an understanding – she’s drinking for both of us!

I had a relaxing weekend at home; our weekends have been very busy since mid December. I’ve enjoyed getting a lot of odd jobs done around the house this weekend, nesting??? No, just my normal compulsiveness. Patrick returned from his snowmobiling trip; he’s home long enough to take a nap, watch the Packers and pack for his trip to Las Vegas. He leaves tomorrow with a group from Market & Johnson for a “Concrete Convention” in sunny Vegas…hmmmm??

I’ve had some minor food cravings and aversions. Normally I’m the biggest chocolate and sweets person – but I want NOTHING to do with chocolate. It blows my mind; I used to eat chocolate chips by the handful! Right now, I’d much rather have sour fruity candy. In my desk at school you will find lemon drops and Sweettarts – I can’t get enough! To satisfy my sweet tooth, yesterday I baked Oatmeal Scotchies, they tasted great. My excuse to bake a whole batch – our neighbor plowed our driveway while Patrick was gone; we’re going to bring some to him today. My other craving – CHEESE! Any kind, any style – cottage cheese, squeaky cheese curds (nuked for 15 seconds), sliced, doesn’t matter, YUM!

Week 12 will be a busy week; it’s Parent – Teacher Conferences on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. We’ve got conferences until 7:30 each night, might be hard on me – I’ve been getting in bed with the newspaper between 7-7:30 each night! Otherwise I continue to feel great – I’ve kept up with running although my pace has begun to slow.

Baby bloat is still showing (there are really fun side effects that come w/ being pregnant), anxious for the baby bump to show. According to everything I've read (which is A LOT) I could start popping out soon...we'll see.

Week 12

1 comment:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

Hi! That's funny about the chocolate, sweets, and cheese...I wonder if Sullibaby (my new nickname for your baby) is enjoying it's first taste of what being a Cheesehead is all about? ;)