We are well into week 11, almost to week 12 (Sundays are our official roll-over days). I just got home from my first appointment with my OBGYN. I'm working with Dr. Ezenagu of Luther Midelfort, he's been my physician for six years. I'm comfortable with him and excited to be his maternity patient. He will see me through my pregnancy - and hopefully deliver Baby Sullivan when the time comes. We spent a lot of time just talking today, he answered my list of questions (yes, there was a list). Dr. Ezenagu laughed when I pulled out my list, but really, he was NOT surprised, yes, the man knows me!
My appointment today started with our first attempt to hear the heartbeat (HB) with a Doppler device. It took the nurse about 30 anxious seconds to find the HB, and there it was! A nice strong HB in the 150's....it's been reconfirmed again...we're having a baby!
As I write this update, it continues to snow and is cold. Patrick is enjoying himself on a snowmobiling trip in Michigan. He said now is the time for excursions before his life "totally changes" I gently reminded him that my life already did!
With the good report from Dr. Ezenagu and a strong HB (which I recorded for my absent husband), it's official NO MORE SECRETS, no more denying - we're pregnant!! Feel free to share our news (and blog) with others. My parents are excited to not only be having one new grandchild in April (Baby Bullis is due 4/1), but TWO grandkids within 4 months of each other. The Market family is growing!
Week 11
6 comments:
Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys and for another blog to watch! I felt like hearing the heartbeat for the first time was a total reality check...no turning back now! Congratulations and Gavin is looking forward to a little buddy already (although he doesn't quite know it yet!!!)
I loved the blog! What a neat way to keep family and friends posted on how you and baby sullivan are doing! Congrats and best wishes!
Congrats again! Ryan and I are so happy that Baby Bullis will have a little cousin to play with!! 150s that could mean a girl! I'm happy that I can finally tell people when they ask!!
This blog is awesome - thanks so much for sharing! The Market-Sullivan family is adorable and I can't wait to track your progress from a distance.
HUGS!
I am too excited for you both! Rest, relax, and pamper yourself. That rule applies to Patrick as well!
Many blessings! Brianna
Congratulations! It was great getting the news last weekend at our "Winter Wonder Fest" family weekend together in Lake Carrol. It truly made it a special weekend.
Congrats to Dan and Debbie as well, Wow! Two new babies in one year.
Post a Comment