Finley has had lots of visitors and we've had some delicious meals prepared for us. Patrick and I are being spoiled! In return, we are spoiling our little boy. Thankfully, Faith told me you can't spoil a new baby and to snuggle him as much as I want...that is perfect because I could stare at, hug, cuddle, kiss and hold this little boy all day.
Today we went to the doctor for another weight check (our 3rd one), Finley's weight is down again (it was up on Monday and Tuesday). This is not the right direction; I told Finley next time I'm putting rocks in his diaper before we go in. Fortunately Dr. Myhre is not concerned; he's eating, wetting and pooping as he should. We go back Monday for another check. The good news, based on his skin color he didn't need another bili test! We seem to be over the peak of jaundice and returning to normal levels...yeah!
Remember an earlier post with all the lovely things people had said or asked me while pregnant? Well that didn't stop when my pregnancy ended...this week a woman had serious "word vomit" in my prescence... On Tuesday, Finley and I decided to stop by Grandma's hair appointment. We thought she might want to show off all of his hair :) I walked in holding my tiny bundle under a blanket, even covered up its easy to see how very small Finley is. I walked past another stylist and overheard her say... "Wow! There's a new baby - I can tell he's brand new because the mom still has a belly." My response? A questionable look with a forced smile. What I wanted to say.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? At least I have an excuse - he was born 5 days ago! What's your excuse?!?! There's definiltey some jelly-belly left, but its totally worth the baby I got for it - it'll come off with time...countdown to Cancun...8 months.
I leave you with a couple of pictures, more stories from the week to come over the weekend. On Sunday I plan to return to once (or twice) per week posts. I went from having all the time in the world (remember the pictures of my living room?!) to feeling successful if I get a shower in and apply make up :) This queen of email feels as though she's been dethroned!
1 comment:
Love all the pics!! Finley is adorable!!
Post a Comment