I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning (Wednesday, July 2) I will post after I return. I am VERY anxious to see what doctor has to say...
Countdowns:
Level II-III Bed Rest: 5 Days
Baby Sullivan's Estimated Arrival: 34 days
Baby Sullivan’s Realistic Arrival: ???? Who knows!
I’d be lying if I said the days are flying by…they certainly aren’t. I’ve read a little, kept up with the “Leadership” of the ECASD in the newspaper, watched bad daytime TV, surfed the internet for everything/anything, etc. Surprisingly I have not started shopping online, that could be dangerous! It’s sad at 7:30 a.m. when you are wishing it were bedtime so you could quickly pass the time in sleep. For the record, I refuse to sleep during the day (have not dozed once), as I’m determined to sleep at night.
Here’s how bored I am…
- I got excited when I made an appointment at the police department to have our carseat checked. Excited because I know our baby will have a safe ride? Sure! MORE excited because I got to leave my house for an hour? YES!
Countdowns:
Level II-III Bed Rest: 5 Days
Baby Sullivan's Estimated Arrival: 34 days
Baby Sullivan’s Realistic Arrival: ???? Who knows!
I’d be lying if I said the days are flying by…they certainly aren’t. I’ve read a little, kept up with the “Leadership” of the ECASD in the newspaper, watched bad daytime TV, surfed the internet for everything/anything, etc. Surprisingly I have not started shopping online, that could be dangerous! It’s sad at 7:30 a.m. when you are wishing it were bedtime so you could quickly pass the time in sleep. For the record, I refuse to sleep during the day (have not dozed once), as I’m determined to sleep at night.
Here’s how bored I am…
- I got excited when I made an appointment at the police department to have our carseat checked. Excited because I know our baby will have a safe ride? Sure! MORE excited because I got to leave my house for an hour? YES!
- I look forward to going to the bathroom and getting hungry – I get to get up for bathroom breaks and to get food!
- Emails from friends/family that ask “How are you?” get replies worthy of short novels…
- From my perch on the couch, I have two views – the east side of the living room and the west side. I actually took pictures for you to see what I see (YES! I’m bored!)
East Side #1
East Side #1
-The final sign I know I’m bored….I CREATED THIS LIST, ADDED PICTURES TO IT AND MADE IT COLORFUL FOR EASY READING!!!
Trying to prevent boredom, a friend sends me a to-do list almost daily…due to the content of some of the items, she shall remain nameless. To give you an identity clue, she’s a marine biologist at Sea World in San Diego, CA.
“Edna’s To-Do List” – It’s worth reading the whole list :)
- Write a letter to Barack Obama explaining why YOU would be a great choice for his Vice President.
- Create a new map of the interior of Target stores, moving all departments to a different location to vary "the flow." (That ought to drive Ryan crazy!)
- If a marshmallow is 1 inch square, calculate how many marshmallows it would take to fill your car.
- Patrick Sullivan is kind of a long name. So with a Sharpie marker, write "PS I love you" in all of his underwear.
- List all the counties in Wisconsin. If you can do this without any assistance, you obviously are back to being bored and require some visitors....
- List 3 adjectives that describe your Best- Drunk episode.
- Draw up a contract for Al Gore to sign, enabling hinm to produce "An Inconvenient Truth, Part II: The Bill Klaus Story."
- Create your own book of Sudoku puzzles.
- Name at least 10 recording artists who recorded the song "We Are the World" with Michael Jackson.
- Think of 5 new uses for frosting. (For ex., shaving gel, mortar for bricklaying, etc.)
- Make a complete list of every book written by Dr. Seuss.
- Make a list of at least 12 words that end with _______tion. (For ex., probation, pay attention, clarification)
- Write out the directions you would need to construct a log cabin with bacon.
- List 10 birds found in Wisconsin, plus 15 animals, and 20 Norwegians.
- Rename all the fruits and vegetables, esp. the dumb ones like brussel sprouts and guavas.
- List a vacation spot for every month of the year and tell why it would be a good place to visit at that time.
- Write NASA explaining why Mary Kneer would be the perfect candidate when they want to send a monkey to Mars.
- Make as many words as you can from this: BILL KLAUS, THE LOUSE
- List all the Osmonds, from youngest to oldest.Think of at least 40 names that start with the letter J.
- List 10 great things about children. Then list 10 annoying things about children and the lists cannot match!
- Memorize the phone book for only those living in Elk Mound. (I need to know some names since I retired from that great district.)
- Think of your Top 20 Best-Movie choices.
- Come up with 5 or 6 actual names for the Man with the Yellow Hat in Curious George books...That poor man has gone too long without an authentic identity.
- Describe how Carol O. and Mike O'B. would explain the details of coaching witnesses so that their testimonies are vague. Make sense? (Of course not. Nor does the rest of their story.)
- Register for, and complete a 2-day course on becoming a certified septic system evaluator. (No shit...pun intended, I read about a guy who did exactly that in the paper.) His name is Duane E. Steinhauer, if you need a reference.
- Name 6 ingredients in Road Kill Stew.
- List all the foods you would love to eat every day (Disregard cost, calories and availability).
- List all the foods you would never want to eat every day (Disregard cost, calories and availability).
- Name all the presidents, in order....OK, they can be in random order, but think of them all!
- Write an essay explaining how weasels could make good pets. (Be careful not to name names)
- Count all the words in the Leader-Telegram....That ought to put you to sleep!
Spencer knows how bored Auntie is, he'll be coming back to see me tomorrow. Until then, Heidi has taught him how to email...he's SOOOO advanced for his age! Don't you love it when people say that about their own family :)
3 comments:
Oh dear, you are getting bored! Taking multiple pictures of your view from the couch was a dead give away! Wish I could lay on a couch across from you and spend even 1 day with you! 1 day of bed rest sounds like heaven right now.
JEEEZZ!! You'd think Edna was on bedrest too to create the list!! Funny! I'm with Jill, would LOVE to spend a day on bed rest...I'd bring nailpolish! :)
I have said the same thing to Ryan that I wish I could be on bedrest for just like 4 hours even. Spencer is excited to see his Auntie tomorrow he told me that tonight before he went to bed!
Post a Comment