Level II-III Bed Rest: 7 Days
Baby Sullivan's Estimated Arrival: 36 days (5 weeks)
Baby Sullivan’s Realistic Arrival: ???? Who knows!
I’ve officially been home on bed rest for 4 days…7 days if you count my time in the hospital. It’s hard to believe it was a week ago I went in; I’m hoping this week goes by as quickly. Here’s my goal: I REALLY want to be excited about going into labor…If I can make it until next Monday with an Inside Baby, I WILL be excited anytime after that. If I go before, I know I’ll be more nervous than excited. I want that feeling of, “Yes this is it! We get to meet Baby soon!” on our way in, not a feeling of worry. If I can get to 36 weeks, I WILL have that feeling! Come on one more week! After all of this, won’t it be a kicker if I go overdue????
Congratulations to Mike and Angie! They welcomed Luke Andrew on Wednesday; due to a breech position Angie had a scheduled c-section. Luke is a BIG boy; 11 pounds 5 oz and 22.5 inches long. Mom and Baby Luke are healthy and well!
Saturday was a quick day, I was kept very busy. The Saturday Morning Coffee Group has a standing date at Nucleus on Saturday mornings. This week they brought coffee and goodies to me; we had yummies from Great Harvest, fresh strawberries and flowers from the farmer’s market. The morning went fast with lots of good gossip!
Saturday night Scotty & Becky brought us dinner. We had steak and asparagus on the grill, corn on the cob and homemade dessert. They spoiled us by doing the shopping, prepping, baking and cleaning up – we are so lucky to have such great friends! We finished the night off by watching The Wedding Crashers, a great way to pass some time.
Grill Out Trivia...what is this???
Pineapple? NOPE!
It's YELLOW watermelon - tastes just like the red stuff, looks just like pineapple!
Not sure if Heidi and I have been part of the inspiration, but our cousin Franny is anxious to be a mom too. Jewel sent Franny's latest maternity picture, reminds me of my weekly pose :) Shortly after this picture Franny gave birth to a lion...I'm hoping for something a little less furry!

During our hospital stay we had an ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid levels. Baby is still head down (head is stationed at a 0, having made progress toward the birth canal). Here’s a close up of Baby’s face in the upper right corner; Baby is above the fold in the picture and laying sideways. You can make out the eyes, nose and mouth. I asked if Baby has a chin dimple like Patrick’s, we couldn’t tell, but Baby does have hair – we could see it!
Baby Sullivan is still a Honeydew Melon, a little over 5 pounds and about 18 inches long. Baby is getting snug inside the womb, making somersaults difficult, but the movements are getting stronger. I can’t believe how far out it will poke…a couple inches sometimes! It’s a little alienish! Baby’s kidneys are fully developed and the liver can process some waste products. Most of the basic physical development is now complete — Baby will spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
My belly just isn't big enough to deliver yet! My baby bump looked tiny in comparison to some ladies in labor at Luther...one more week, one more week....
A good friend shared this meaningful passage with me to get through these long days…
Psalm 139:13-16
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment