Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week 31 - Showered With Love (& Necessities)

Official Countdowns:
Days Until Summer Vacation: 4 school days
Baby Sullivan’s Estimated Arrival: 64 days (9 weeks)
Sex and the City: The Movie: -2 days (and I haven't seen it yet!)

Last Saturday I helped Heidi and Ryan move…OK, that’s a lie, I helped by taking Spencer out for a bit (in all truthfulness, the pregnancy card was played - I'd much rather hold a baby then put silverware away!). Spencer and I met up with Jill and Gavin at the Mall of America. WOW - everything takes a lot longer with someone else in tow…getting in the car, out of the car, setting up the stroller, attaching the infant seat, packing the stroller basket, and finding the elevator (not brave enough for an escalator). It felt very strange to be pushing a stroller next to Jill pushing a stroller – I felt like a kid playing house! On the elevator ride back, I did explain my situation to another young mom – not my baby (pointing to stroller), my baby (pointing to baby belly)…she laughed and said she’d wondered how it all worked.

Spencer again was a perfect boy while Auntie babysat…I didn’t even get to hold him, he slept the whole time! He peeked at us for a few minutes, but then was out again.

Kindergarten celebrated Grandparent’s Day on Friday. Grandparents were invited to school; they did some reading together, drew a picture and stayed for lunch. Unfortunately not everyone had a Grandparent that could come, so I called in back-ups…Mrs. Fering, Mrs. Stumm, and Dad. Dad got to be a Grandpa to Saydi, an adorable little girl. I think he was impressed by how well she could read/write, she’s ready for 1st grade!

The nursery got started…sort of…

Today was my Baby Shower – what a perfect day! Heidi, Jill and Kristi did such a nice job putting it together! Baby (and I) are so lucky to have wonderful family and friends. We received so many nice gifts. Thank you to everyone!
Jill, me, Kristi & Heidi


Auntie & Spencer

Everyone was drawing a baby on their head - Any artists in attendance? Nope!

Guests were asked to bring advice or a tool to help a new mom survive. There were many great ideas - thank you cards, diapers, organizers, books, bath items and even a little alcohol - the Sangria should make my breast milk come in and Captain-Diets are this mom's drink of choice!

These little ones sure need a lot of equipment!

This is Clyde, my dad gave him to me when I was born.

Grandma Kathleen gave Baby a whole basket of essentials. Included was a shamrock hat for the Irish baby and a onesie that says, "Daddy's Little Caddie".


This is the outfit I came home from the hospital in.


On Friday I had my 30-week check-up w/ Dr. Ezenagu, now I’ll go every other week until 36 weeks, then begin weekly appointments. My blood pressure was good (94/58), Baby’s heartbeat was 144. My belly measured a little small at 29 cm (rather than almost 31), they don't investigate further until its off by more than two centimeters (should be one centimeter for each week). I had twelve questions for Dr. E – he happily answered them all. Evidently all of my weird body experiences are normal! I’m starting Kick Counts, monitoring how many times Baby moves in an hour. I found out they won't stop labor after 35 weeks; on the other hand they’ll let me go two weeks after my due date to induce. He did say that at 38-39 weeks if I’m very uncomfortable they’ll “strip your membranes” I’m sure the procedure is as lovely as it sounds.

Patrick asked about exercising, Dr. Ezenagu was actually impressed that I still am very active and said, “It’s fine, actually good.” I’m hoping it’ll pay off in two ways; endurance during labor (like pushing through a long run) and physically bouncing back post baby – can’t believe I’m thinking about something related to post-pregnancy…it used to seem like it would never come, OK not let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, there are still 9 weeks to go.

Week 31 - Baby Squash


No comments: