Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hospital Update - Wed Morning

Dr. Ezenagu was in about 8:30 this morning to check in. My monitors from last night and this morning continue to show few contractions - good thing! Moments ago they unhooked me from the mag drip.

The plan for today? See what my body does on its own again. He wants me to take a shower, walk down the hall and do a few small tasks that would be "normal" for home. Dr. E will check in around lunch time, to see if contractions start up again or not, then we'll reassess around dinnertime. If contractions stay quiet, I will go home tonight on bedrest - allowed to do minimal things at home - shower, make a light meal, move from bed to couch, etc.

Where do we go from here?
  • If I go home tonight and things remain quiet, I will be on bedrest until 36 weeks (about July 7th). Then I would be allowed to start moving some more - maybe run a small errand, work a little more at home, etc. Then when Baby comes knocking again, we wouldn't stop him/her.
  • If contractions fire up again today, I will be given an oral med to stop things through this weekend (not sure if I'd go home or stay), then reassessed next week and perhaps taken off again...to wait for Baby.

Since starting the post I've returned from the shower - I walked there and back, on the way back I was even alone! It felt strange, I made the nurse feel my stomach once. It was soft, I think I forgot what the Baby Bump feels like. Since laying on my side for three days it felt heavy to me...um it is :)

I will post again later today - I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous to go home, but maybe once I get there I'll be more comfortable. I'm mostly nervous that I won't have physcians on hand if something goes awry. But I know I've got lots of people to take care of me.

On a lighter note...
  • I will be allowed to boss others around from the couch (nurse said so), and I can do minimal work in nursery or something and then rest again....but I think I'll be a dictator at first.
  • Jim - my 2nd Dad and Medical Expert - told me to stand on my head, he thinks Baby might just want to be in an upright position! This revelation came to him while he was mowing the lawn - why didn't any of the doctors think of this?

Lastly....I've had a few dreams about Baby over the past 7-8 months, but I've never learned the gender. Last night I had my first...it was a boy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers Heather and baby. I read your blog all the time and love how you keep us all updated. (I'm Mary - Ione's 2nd daughter). Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Wrong dream. It's a GIRL:) nancy