Friday, June 27, 2008

Bed Rest - Day 2

Countdowns:
Level II-III Bed Rest: 9 Days
Baby Sullivan's Estimated Arrival: ???? Who knows!

Today hasn't been quite as fun as yesterday...I'm a bit more emotional today. I woke up a little later - this is good, I'm not wishing my life away but the longer I sleep the faster the next couple weeks will go.

***TMI WARNING***TMI WARNING***TMI WARNING***
This morning I had some watery discharge again and a few contractions, after stewing about it for 2 hours, then crying because I was scared, I called the clinic. Nurse was helpful, wanted me to urinate every 60 minutes (to be assured it wasn't baby bouncing on my bladder - pg women are known to tinkle on accident), and to track if I had anymore. Fortunately, I didn't have more...perhaps I peed my pants??? Seriously this pg stuff is enough to drive you over the edge!

Emotionally I'm trying to keep it in check, its the unknown of what's normal and what's not that has me struggling. I've been home two days - I've called the doctor twice! They'll be happy when Baby is safely here too, I have a feeling the triage nurses will know my number by heart - oh well, they are so friendly and reassuring.

Today I really spent laying down; strangely I feel exhausted...I know its lack of activity. Dad told me to dedicate myself to resting as I do to training for a run/race. I guess this could be considered the tapering before the big event - either that or he doesn't want me to ruin his weekend away at the Women's US Open.

This afternoon I got a change of scenery, my mom hired her cleaning lady to help me out. So while she cleaned, my mom set me up in her basement. My mom also got the fun job of painting my toes! Melissa and I were meeting for pedis this afternoon, while I didn't get to sit in a massage chair, at least the piggies are ready now too.

A few special Thanks....thanks to Scotty & Becky for entertaining us last night, Faith for my morning coffee and banana bread, Grandma & Ann for visiting me this morning, Jewel & kids for stopping by this afternoon, Jackie for a good dinner, and mom for EVERYTHING.

Until tomorrow....H & Inside Baby Sullivan

No comments: