Good morning - here's a recap since the last update and a look at the short-term future...
Thanks to my mom, Heidi, Spencer and Lynn for keeping me company yesterday. Patrick has been trying to work, we want to keep his time for post-baby vacation! Plus, there's not much I can do, all I'm allowed to do is lay...something has FINALLY slowed me down right?
Last evening was OK, I continued on the magnesium sulfate over night, actually got a little sleep last night (accepted abmien again). Due to fluids and water consumption, I pee a ton, so I got up each time the nurse came to check my monitors but was able to fall back asleep. My mom slept better too (she used a stronger sleeping aid) and I think we both were exhausted from the night before.
I did make the mistake of reading about premature babies online, but a phone call to Amanda really put me at ease. Luciana was born at 36 weeks, she didn't require any more than a little help learning to feed and some jaundice, as you've seen in pictures from previous posts she's now a thriving, bouncing one-year old! No more internet research! I'll continue to ask questions here, I ask each nurse/doctor the same thing to look for different answers - yes, I'm that patient :)
This morning started off with a visit from Patrick on his way to work, then Scotty brought me coffee after Patrick left and my mom went home to shower. Scotty was even here when Dr. Ezenagu came in...Scotty probably knows more then he wants to about me...that's what old friends are for! I even explained to Dr. E that while Patrick is my husband, Scotty is my boyfriend...someone always to take care of me!
Dr E's visit - he looked at my monitors from last night and answered my list of questions...the list is back. Mostly he described what the next 24 hours will be like, and where we go from there. I will continue on the mag sulfate drip until Wednesday morning, at that point we will reevaluate and go from there. Dr. E is in the hospital tomorrow so I'm happy he's involved in the near-future decisions, I trust him. If things remain calm, I may be taken off the drip (Wednesday morning), have an internal exam (checking for continued dilation) and observed to see what I do without the drip. If I do OK, I could possibly go home on strict bedrest to wait for baby (could be a few hours to a few weeks). If things begin to contract again, I will be kept here, put on an oral medicine to stop contractions until we get closer to 35 weeks, then stop medication around 35 weeks and wait for baby.
If Baby comes next week he/she may require a longer-than normal stay, and it may not. It all depends on how well it does on the outside - feeding, maintaining body temp and lung development. Dr. E seems very optimistic about Baby's health postdelivery.
Will I have a baby next week? Seems quite possible - seems only appropriate for the planner to have something throw off the plan to this degree. There's a tiny bit ready at home, and still things to be bought. But between Heidi and my mom, I have no worries. Heidi is making a Babies R Us run today for a few items I may need right away and don't have yet. She's also picking up a few preemie outfits just in case this peanut comes early.
Just finished lunch and had a visit from my Aunt Ann, she just took my mom to lunch. Nurse was in and said my contractions have really slowed, even since this morning (had 4 in an hour when I first woke up) and said Baby has been very active!
On a final note - without much begging, Dr. E let me take a shower again today. So I got to see the hallway, stand for a few minutes - its amazing how a little shower can make you feel so good! I will continue to post with updates, until then TLC channel is calling my name, nothing like TV shows about makeovers, babies, etc to pass the time while I'm waiting for my prune juice to kick in.
Love, H & eager Baby S
1 comment:
Those showers are a simple luxury, aren't they?! I know what you mean about them making you feel SO much better :) You're on my mind all the time!!
Post a Comment