Finley was scared of the clowns (can't blame him), he thought the bands were OK, the firetruck got his attention, but the only thing to get a smile...this creepy skunk puppet.
That night, we continued our festivities with a cookout at Grandpa & Grandma's. In celebration of the Madison-Half the day before, Grandma Lynn brought a special dessert for me!
We finished a fun weekend with a pontoon ride around the lake. Finley no longer fights the life jacket, so our rides are peaceful.
We went grocery shopping with Grandma and she bought Finley a Handy Manny balloon...needless to say he likes it.
The Blue Angels roared into town earlier in the week...nap time + Blue Angels = not enough sleep. Truthfully, napping went better than I anticipated, only one day was cut too short. On Friday, we caught the very end of their practice; the planes roared past us twice and both times Finley said, "Whoooaa!"
Friday night we hosted a grill out and sleepover with Patrick's high school friends. Finley's girlfriend was there, Brianna is absolutely adorable. She loved to give kisses (I got two before bed) and is the sweetest little girl.
Finley is very into babies right now. He loves to hold this picture and say, "Shhhhhh" while pointing to Easton. It's so cute!
On Saturday, as Finley tore through his toybox it seemed he had a goal in mind. He pulled out Baby Corey, and kept digging for "ba". I dug out all the balls and Finley kept shaking his head no, and repeating, "ba". Eventually I gave up and walked away. Finley and Corey followed me into the kitchen, Finley stood next to the fridge and continued saying, "ba" and started pointing to Corey's mouth...after a light bulb moment, I wondered if he wanted Corey's bottle? He did!
Finley continues to problem-solve to get what he wants. Last week he unsuccessfully attempted to get into the junk drawer by standing on his crib bumper. This week? Success! He pulled over his chair and got into the drawer, he was so proud of himself!
Spencer and Finley checked out the cockpit of a Navy Airplane...
...sat in Mayo One...
...and got to pose with Lightning McQueen!
Grandpa & Grandma bought us tickets for the Chamber of Commerce Chalet - it was great! We didn't have to bring in chairs, lunch/beverages were provided, we had our own porta-potties, the kids could safely run around and it was located right on the runway!
The show kicked off with trick airplanes, Finley attempted to watch while sitting on the tent-stake (ouch!)...
...then decided Karen's lap was a more comfortable place to sit.
Next came the fighter-jet, Finley got ready by wearing his sound-muffling headphones, surprisingly he kept them on!
Afterwards, the pilot came over to our chalet for autographs!
We dodged rain until right before the Blue Angels, then a front blew over and delayed the finale about 10 minutes. Jeff and Grandpa looked very cute cuddled under their polka-dot umbrella.
During the delay, Finley started getting tired, it was two hours after his normal nap time. Finley couldn't keep his head up and fell asleep - that's him under the green polka-dot blanket!
Soon, the Blue Angels started to rev their engines (no, Finley did not wake up), they came over and I thought I got the perfect shot...I was wrong - thanks guy with the blonde hair!
Like always, the Blue Angels put on a great show - I love the sound and the speed!
I think Spencer & Finley would've liked it too...but we won't know, both were sound asleep for the entire Blue Angels performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment