While I went to a retirement party on Wednesday, Finley went to Grandma's for dinner and a bath. We had Hannah babysit on Thursday night, Finley worked her hard - he cried for 65+ minutes! He did this a week ago too, poor Hannah! Our departures had been going better for awhile, I guess we had a set-back, we'll keep trying. We have a new sitter coming Tuesday night, we'll keep our fingers crossed he doesn't scare her away.
Thursday was a yucky summer day - rain and rain! We were stuck inside, in fact, Finley was in his jammies most of the day! We baked banana bread, Finley's job was to add the brown sugar into the bowl - he missed and hit his lap!!
Finley likes to lick the beaters - who doesn't?
We even hung out in the car for entertainment...well, not "we" I wasn't allowed in!
Finley is all "boy", he's always got bumps and bruises, here's his latest. He fell into the granite fireplace mantle, another half-inch and he would've hit his eye socket. There was no blood, but he got a nice goose-egg on his eyebrow!
We watched the USA World Cup game, Grandma Lynn's nephew is on the team! After the game, we insisted that Finley get out to practice, maybe he's the future #15 Jay Demerit!
Saturday night we stayed in for a lazy pizza night! Grandma & Finley had gone grocery shopping together and picked out a special treat for dessert - a jungle cupcake...
...Finley thought it was funny!
Today I participated in the EC Triathlon...
...as a team! I participated with two colleagues from school and we were the Top Female Team to finish! It started off with Karen (in blue) swimming 500 meters, then Cheri biked about 18 miles and I finished with a 5K run.
Triathletes (individuals) are IMPRESSIVE, I was amazed just watching them transition, they set everything out - pans of water (to wash their feet), socks, shoes, helmets etc. This is Karen and I standing in the transition area while Cheri was out biking.
I set a PR in the 5K today with 20:07, pacing at 6:29 min/miles.
When I got home, Finley was anxious to take pictures too...him and this camera! Here's the lovely one he got of me...
...and a beautiful picture of Daddy...
...but at least he followed it up with a good of Patrick!
My spring and summer racing season is over, I'm happy about that. Now I wonder how long I'll be sporting my age on my right-calf and our team # on my right arm...thank you for using permanent marker! It didn't come off with the first shower, and seriously, was our age necessary?
No comments:
Post a Comment