Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Very Special Tree

My first full-week with Finley was busy, being home all week greatly increases the number of pictures I have to share, here goes...

Last Sunday we attended a benefit that was offering carriage rides. Grandma & Finley took a ride, Finley surprised me by liking it. He was mesmerized by the large horse, for over a half-hour he stood and watched the carriage come and go.
On Monday we had a cousin's playdate, Spencer & Easton, Nixon & Joey and our friend Lilly came over to tear up the basement.
Finley is funny around Easton, he peeks into the carseat and says, "Hi" in a sing-songy voice and he ALWAYS has kisses for him.
Auntie caught Finley with my camera, these pictures make me laugh. He's so serious for his first self-portrait and so proud of his second.

Someone had a great idea to finish our playdate with lunch at Pizza Del Re...that'd be me. It's a seat-yourself, share-a-table-with-others, hole-in-the-wall with great pizza. First we tried squeezing 5 adults, 4 toddlers and two infants in carriers around a half-table (to be shared with another group)...fail. After we were almost squeezed in, a larger table opened up across the restaurant, so our entire circus relocated...ugh. It was kind of a mess, I was stressed, I must've eaten because I came home full and I know Finley didn't eat - first he wanted his shoes off, then he was too interested in the video games! Next time we're ordering pizza for delivery!!

Late Monday afternoon, Finley and I babysat Easton...
...it started off OK, Easton was asleep. Finley got busy taking pictures...
...and I totally got busted FBing while on baby-duty!

A few "Hi's" and Easton was awake, it got interesting when Finley decided to show Easton all his toys. It was cute, but Finley started getting a little wound up and I ended up guarding Easton from a jumping-Finley. Eventually I led Finley to the garage to help Daddy. In my mind, I'd pictured putting Easton in the bouncy and doing a little homework...not so much. He only wanted Auntie to hold him, he didn't want to eat, then Finley wanted to eat, and craziness ensued...that 2.5 hours confirmed that I'm not ready for another baby.

On Wednesday, Finley woke up on the wrong side of the crib, it was bad. He was very naughty and repeatedly tested me. We'd made plans to attend a music class and I considered cancelling due to his crabby attitude, in the end it was what he needed - Auntie and a change of scenery.
While Finley was Auntie's boy, this Auntie got Easton-time.
There were quite a few kids there, including three others from our winter music class. We sang London Bridge..

...tried out various musical instruments...

...and
played with the scarves - a Finley-favorite, evidently a favorite of mine too, I sure look excited!
After napping, we went to Grandma's to play...
...have a picnic...

...and kiss Easton!
On Thursday we had lunch with Leslie, Caden and Stephanie. I was Stephanie's patient in the maternity ward, ironically, Leslie was too. Stephanie was the connection that got Leslie and I talking 1.5 years ago. We talked preemies and babies, we were sad when our maternity leaves ended, and we joked about working together. Eventually our conversations turned serious and we merged into our job-share. I truly believe Stephanie came into our lives for this reason!

Mother Nature has been confused, April & May felt like June and June has felt like April. Finally we had a nice day! We dusted off the water table and Finley splashed around.
M&J's future...Finley knows that "Safety Counts" and wore his M&J hard hat while driving around the driveway.

Grandma Lynn hosted a World Cup Brunch on Friday morning...by 9:00 a.m. I'd had two mimosas, a great way to start the day!
During halftime Grandpa Dutch & Finley played soccer in the hallway. Finley would kick the ball down the stairs, then run through the living room, dining room, kitchen and back to the hallway laughing the whole way. Meanwhile, Grandpa Dutch would fetch the ball and roll it back to him, he must've ran the circle 10 times.

Thursday was my Grandma's birthday; in honor of M&J's First Lady, the employees planted and dedicated a tree in the office courtyard.
Grandpa, Grandma, Finley, Patrick, Spencer, Easton and I attended the dedication, the little boys were excited to help. Spencer assisted with the groundbreaking...
...while Finley preferred to watch from the sideline.
My great idea to bring Finley's shovel...was NOT so great!
After the tree was safely in the ground, Finley got in on the action too.
Both boys had fun stomping the dirt - yup, true boys!
And A Very Special Tree is in place!

Friday night, Scotty & Becky hosted a fish fry. It was a fun evening for Gavin and Finley, they played well and were up past their bedtimes...after hearing from Jill, Finley wasn't the only crab on Saturday :)
Each week Grandma volunteers for Bob's House for Dogs; it's a shelter for large, older dogs that need homes. She and another volunteer pick up 1-2 dogs and take them to local nursing homes to visit residents. On Saturday, we brought the boys to the Canine Carnival, a fundraiser for Bob's House. There were dogs of all sizes and shapes - even a few dachshunds.

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's! I am very fortunate to have the BEST dad ever; he is kind, trustworthy and a positive role model. I enjoy watching my Dad as a wonderful Grandpa to Finley - we are lucky!!

Anyone that spends a moment with us, knows how Finley feels about his "Daadddeee". It's the first thing he says upon waking and his favorite question all day long is, "Where's Daddeee?" Our celebrations will be taking place later today, so I'll share pictures next week.

Two peas in a pod...

No comments: