Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gymnastics & Apples

We had gymnastics again!  Finley stretched and practiced pointing his toes...

...he swung on the rings (I canNOT get this picture to turn)...

...jumped on the trampoline...

...and walked on the balance beam!

In a good way, Finley has surprised me - he's been listening to the instructors, following directions (most of the time) and trying all the activities - even if he gets a little nervous!  Class is 45 minutes long and by the end he's had enough instruction and is ready for free play (too bad there is no free play).  After each class, the kids get their hands' stamped - he proudly points at it all the way home.  This is my favorite picture from class!

It never stopped raining on Thursday!  We met Melissa & Elle at the mall for walking; I got Elle-time while Finley played.

 Finley showed Melissa how he goes down the slide by himself now.

And he took a ride on Big Bird's airplane - fortunately he was OK taking just one ride, he didn't scream when it was time to go!

A big group of us (5 moms + kids) went to the Sports Center on Friday.  Finley likes Elle, he even said her name Friday night - at least Melissa and I think so -  I'm glad she heard it too :)

Finley participated in the parachute games...

...and had a first - he made it to the top of the climbing wall!  Unfortunately when he got to the top, another boy rained on his parade...Finley was trying to go over the top (it's a slide down) and another little boy slapped and bit his hand before he got over. 

Patrick was hunting Friday-Saturday, so Finley & I drove to Stillwater and went to an apple orchard with Auntie, Uncle Ryan, Spencer & Easton.

We started off with a wagon ride around the orchard.

We walked out into the orchard to pick apples...

...and taste one!

Auntie made Finley sit in an apple tree - he was REALLY excited about it!

We had a picnic lunch of junk - what did I eat?  Kettle Corn - YUM!

All by themselves, Spencer & Finley took a barrel-train ride!

They both seemed excited - no tears when the train pulled away!

Friday was Daddy's birthday, so Finley & I baked treats for Daddy's work and to take hunting.  We have yet to celebrate at home...Patrick chose to spend his birthday in the woods (Hi Scott!).  We'll celebrate tonight!


No comments: