Finley loves headgear, unfortunately it's not always cute bucket caps or hats. In Grandma's car, he wears headphones (to listen to DVD's) and he likes them so much, he wears them outside of the car. Grandma & Finley met me at the mall for his haircut, there he was, walking in sporting headphones. After the haircut? They went right back on!
No headphones at Stephanie's - it's goggles! Not sure why Finley had them on, but he wore them for two hours!
I dread getting Finley dressed, you never know how it'll go. Some days it's soooo easy and other days it's a sweaty-wrestling challenge. Recently, Finley has shown interest in dressing himself. He's really into jammies, sometimes changing (or attempting to) a few times each morning. This picture doesn't show it well, but Finley was putting shorts on - two legs in one hole!
Finley struggles getting the pants/shorts over his diaper, but he does NOT want help, so he walks around until they fall off.Finley went to the mall twice this week, once with Grandma, Auntie, Spencer & Easton.
We always stop for the boys to play on the toys, but I hate, hate, hate the rides. Lucky for Finley - Grandma always spoils him and lets him ride twice.
On Saturday, Finley & I were running errands and he had to ride again. I SERIOUSLY wish they'd move these rides AWAY from the toys! I have to drag a screaming child off of them - love the stares from "perfect" parents with "perfect" kids!
Friday night we met Auntie & family at The Orchards in Baldwin. It's a barn that was turned into a rustic restaurant. Coincidentally, Grandma Lynn grew up in Baldwin and lived in the neighboring farmhouse - it was her family's barn!
Finley and I hung around home Saturday, it was a beautiful day! One of our maple trees is telling us that fall is here! We raked...
We played on and UNDER Finley's swing set. He insisted I carry his toys down to the swing set, which leads me to believe he's done this before, Grandma Kathleen? Grandma Lynn? A babysitter? Not sure, but he knew exactly what he wanted.
Finley will finally go down the slide by himself! He's been a sliding-chicken, he will crawl up many slides (at the mall, park, our house), sit on top and then back away. Yesterday, he let me catch him! He went up/down 25 times, he loved it!
We finished our afternoon with a hike on the path behind our house - we love fall in our neighborhood!



No comments:
Post a Comment