School started, so I was back to work. Finley took ZERO SECONDS to readjust to Stephanie's house; he walked in like he'd been going everyday. Finley immediately ran to where his toys are kept and I had to beg him for a kiss goodbye! This picture was taken Wednesday, the day we met our new students.
Monday night, I zoomed to Hudson after school, Heidi & I had dinner and went to the Lady Gaga concert. I expected some crazy-dressed concertgoers...I had no idea! WOW! It was like Halloween and all the super-freaks came out. The show was good, entertaining, but LATE, I got home at 1 a.m. and it was a school night!
I was off Thursday & Friday, I love being part time again this year! Melissa is taking 12-weeks off, so we have built-in company for three months. On Friday we met at the mall to walk and play; Elle is too sweet and she's growing quickly!
Finley LOVES to help make breakfast, actually, Finley LOVES to eat butter. He stands by the fridge and says, "butter". I'll ask if he wants a waffle and he always says, "Yeah!"...even though I think he only wants butter. Finley helps put the waffle in the toaster, takes out two knives and waits...meanwhile he attempts to sneak licks!
We had a quiet Friday night - pizza at home! Patrick put Finley to bed and said I should take his monkey out in a little bit. Curious George always sleeps with Finley, so I wondered why? Well, George wasn't the monkey he was talking about, this ginormous monkey was in Finley's bed. He's very soft and cute, but I imagine he might be scary waking up to!
Saturday morning was the annual Buckshot 5-Mile Run - I didn't do it!! Patrick left early to golf Troy Burne and I didn't find a sitter for Finley...I am kicking myself! My 2009 time would've place me as 3rd female this year, ugh. Finley, Spencer & I cheered the runners on, it felt weird to be an observer - my muscles tingled standing there. Spencer was very cute, he yelled, "Run fast!" and "Go runners!" to the participants.
After the racers went by, we joined the Coffee Ladies for breakfast.
Saturday night we had soup at Grandma & Grandpa's, my job was to feed Easton. Either I forgot how to feed a baby, or he's got quick hands! I think Easton's wearing more than he ate!
After dinner, the boys were going to watch Grandpa's new remote-controlled boat (our Father's Day gift to him). Grandpa discovered he needs to read the manual first - we'll try again!
Bath time for THREE, Easton joined the group! Good thing Grandma has a big tub!
On Sunday, we went to Carson Park for a "choo choo" ride. Finley loves Thomas and loves to say, "choo choo" while tugging his arm in the air. Patrick & I took the big boys first...
...then it was Grandpa & Grandma's turn!
I look forward to having Monday off, one more day before the craziness (and reality) sets in that school HAS started. Happy Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment