Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Fall Fun!

It seems the Fall Fun keeps happening, we've been spoiled and I'm afraid one morning we'll wake up and it'll be winter - ick.  A couple of weeks ago, Finley brought home an adorable painted pumpkin.  Stephanie sent pictures of the artist in action.

It looks like he had messy-fun!!  Finley's so proud of his pumpkin and looks at it ALL the time :)

On Wednesday, Finley & Stephanie chaperoned another field trip for Duncan's preschool - Finley's awfully lucky to tag along on the fun trips.  I'm sure his favorite part is riding the school bus!  This week they went to Pleasant Valley Tree Farm's Pumpkin Patch.  They went on a hayride...


...played in the sand...


...crawled through tunnels in the hay stack...

...and rode bikes!


Each student (and Finley!) got to pick a gourd to take home.  With all of Finley's field trips, we've got quite the collection of three pumpkins and a gourd!


Finley played photojournalist while we had coffee with the ladies - cheese Grandma Lynn & Bonnie!

Finley received Halloween mail from Grandpa & Grandma; it was an old-school wooden airplane with a Target gift card attached, we'll be spending it this week!

For Finley's birthday, Vicki (Jake Dowell's mom) ordered a Chicago Blackhawk's Stanley Cup Championship t-shirt and it just came in.  Finley was being a stinker and would not pose, so I chased him until I got a picture of the front / back.  Jake promised to autograph it - we'll make him keep his word!

Patrick and I attended a wedding on Saturday, so Grandma Kathleen came to babysit. 

She brought a trick-or-treat bag FULL of Halloween trinkets and treats!

Thanks Grandma Kathleen for coming up - they were putting stickers on their hands :) 

Today was a perfect day to be lazy - it's gray and gloomy outside.  While Finley & Daddy blew out our irrigation system in preparation for winter, I stayed busy inside and...snuck in a fall nap! Wow, I never do that and it felt good...darn wedding ;)

No comments: