Last week I posted right before trick-or-treating, so here we go! Firefighter Finley's first stop was Butterfly Elle's house. Finley did not want to leave his firefighter's jacket on nor would he say "treat treat" like we practiced, but the lucky boy came away with a bag full of trinkets and treats. Miss Elle was a super-cute butterfly, we love her!
Finley decided NOT to nap on Halloween, scary! But on the ride home from Elle's he crashed (at 4:30!!), I let the firefighter take a power nap and woke him up...oooh, cranky!
It took convincing from mom, dad and Grandma before the firefighter got dressed for trick-or-treating. We took him outside as our first trick-or-treaters were walking up...he was confused, but interested!
Finley didn't need a lot of treats, but we wanted to show off our adorable firefighter to our closest neighbors. Finley was intrigued by the big kids, I'm not sure he knew what he was doing, but he loved the treats - and attention!
After our two stops we headed home for dinner with Grandpa & Grandma and to hand out candy - this was the BEST part! When the doorbell rang, Finley ran/bounced/skipped to the door and opened it to see who was on the other side. Finley had so much fun answering the door with Grandma!
I'm convinced Finley would make an excellent couch potato - I know, not brag-worthy. This week he started pulling his Handy Manny chair right up - after the show? He folds it up!
Grandpa & Grandma had given Finley a Target giftcard "treat" for Halloween - what did we buy? Monsters Inc and art supplies - Finley was excited to paint! I'm not sure who was more proud? Finley of his masterpiece or me because I'd let my kid paint in the house!!













1 comment:
I can't BELIEVE you let him paint in the house either! ;) Any on the floor? Probably water soluable, huh?
Post a Comment