Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finley's Tree & Daddy's Tree

It is time to get ready for Christmas...if you ask Finley, he'll show you with his two pointer fingers that we've got "2, 2 tree".  Finley & I decorated a Finley-sized tree in his bedroom, he's soooo proud!

In addition to "my tree" (Finley's), we've got "Daddy's tree" in the living room...I really hope Baby is a "Mama's girl / boy" I'm very under-represented in our house.  I think it's "Daddy's tree" because they decorated it while I watched (feeling crappy) from the couch.



With Finley being a year older, I had myself fooled that a simple, "the tree is for looking at, we don't touch the ornaments" conversation would be enough...wrong.  He loves his tree sooo much he can't keep his hands off of it!  Within the first 48 hours, the Grinch lost a hand, a snow globe lost it's water/snow and the tree tipped over once.  The other super-duper fun part of having "2, 2 tree" is that the ornaments are interchangeable and much time is spent moving ornaments between them.


Another fun part of holiday-preparations...BOXES!  75% of my holiday shopping has been done online this year and the packages are starting to be delivered.  Not only are the boxes fun, but so are the packing-fillers.

Finley started his Advent Calendar!  I remember doing this as a little girl, it seems my choco-holic child is going to like this tradition too.  Of course on December 1st he wanted to open "2 treats", he's realized it's only one each day...but it doesn't stop him from asking for two.

What else were we up to this week?  It was a two-day work week, so we had an extra day to be lazy.  I love little kids in jammies!  How comfy does Finley look?!

Melissa's maternity leave came to an end, so we had one last lunch-date with Melissa & "Helle" (Elle) at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  What will we do on Thursday when the cleaning lady comes and we need to leave?!  We always met up with Melissa & Elle - we miss you already!

Saturday night was the M&J holiday party, Grandma Kathleen came to babysit Finley & Easton.  She said the boys were good - I hope mine was!

Baby Update...I am 13.5 weeks pregnant (starting the 2nd trimester) and I like coffee again.  Our news has officially gone public - blog, FB and we've told our colleagues.  That part is FUN, we've received many well-wishes and congratulations!  I told my students on Monday by playing the same guessing game as I did with Finley (5 clues for the students to figure out, "What's coming to my house?").  I also had the students guess if Baby will be a boy / girl...7 kids voted boy and 11 voted girl.


I am feeling OK, but wish I could sleep better.  I'm exhausted and seem to wake up 4-5 times / night, I go to the bathroom and then I lay there.  I firmly believe these 9 months should be the best sleep ever; we all know sleeping is minimal with a newborn, so help a mom-to-be out and let me sleep!  We got our first glimpse of Baby!  It's amazing that a peach-sized baby actually looks like a baby, we're past that "tadpole-alien" stage.

Having had a preemie, we'll get to see Baby more often - Dr. Ezenagu is going to monitor my cervix more closely for thinning.  My measurements look great right now, we'll check them again in January - we want them to stay good, if things begin to thin?  Bed rest!  My reaction to this picture?  "OMG - that looks creepy, the baby is smiling - yuck"  Oddly it was Patrick and the tech's favorite...here's our smiling peach (which is actually sucking in amniotic fluid, not smiling).


Here is my favorite picture of Baby...

...and here's Finley, is there a resemblance?  I think the nose, mouth and belly look similar!  Patrick has been telling people it's a girl (don't believe him, we do not know) but I'm feeling boy.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Kate for changing the look of our blog!  I love the colors and creativity - I wouldn't know where to start, so I'm happy you are willing - thank you Kate!

No comments: